Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge

O.K. I just didn't have the gumption to admit that I, once again, am competely, 100% clueless as to what you guys are talking about. I'm guessing there is an inside joke here, but since it was posted for all to see, and wonder about, I'll add my name to the list who are cautiously curious.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

GeoJeepers Guest
    We're wondering too! I kept trying to do a search on it but wasn't having any luck...there's really no telling but I guess we'll join in....I'm glad to know we're all in this together!

scoutfrog Guest
    Add me to the list of "DUH!?" , What?!

flannelman Guest
    This makes me feel like I'm back in chemistry! Lost and in the dark!!

It took some doing, but here is a little more information:

Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge- a simple game in which the rules change every month according to how it is played. Rules for the month will not be posted until after the Judges meet.
    Last month’s Challenge was to find as many caches as possible between 12 midnight and 6 am.
    Overall cache difficulty and terrain will only have an effect if the cacher uses
    Wordy and Extreme Storytelling while logging the cache, this may or may not award extra points. The skill of the cacher and overall standing in the community could have some affect on scoring. The possibilities are endless, unorthodox cache retrieval, swimming lakes and oceans, skydiving to remote locations and the riding of grizzly bears to and from the cache may help your score. FTF and longest unfound caches also may or may not increase your score total found caches has little bearing unless extra points are awarded. See above.

Exceptions are the rule.

Your score will be dictated by the Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge Judges and points are awarded only by them.
    They can be easily swayed with bribes, meals, laptops and gas cards. This is a cut-throat challenge and you must be willing to whatever it takes to win. The judges will keep there identity a secret and if they are identified all points given by them will be voided.
    Placement of new caches may also have an affect our score, depending on difficulty, ingenuity of the hide and cache page description and possibly no effect at all.
    Additional points if you host an event and serve deviled eggs
    Posting on the ArkGeo will also increase your total score. This will depend upon how skillfully you exercise your storytelling, thought in posting, genuine ideas or lack of knowledge and how skillfully it is applied.

Your score will be dictated by the Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge Judges and points are awarded only by them.
    Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge Judges will meet at the end of every month to judge all cachers on style, grace and ingenuity of all aspects of Geocaching. This meeting will be held in a smoke filled back room, back of a black limousine, on a park bench, secret chat room or via conference call, the day of this meeting will always end in “y”.

The decision of the judges can be appealed. This will be considered if one or all of these requirements are met.
    1. Finding the proper judge.
    2. Swaying Judge with a 4-wheeler, new car, boat or an airplane (with flying lessons or a full time pilot.)
    3. Cash, Jewelry and/or Winning Lottery ticket.

Now you know, and I hope everyone is up to the challenge.
    Ready, Set, GO!
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

OK.

Got it.

Rules that only a Hillbilly would understand.

Now I kinda wish I hadn't asked!

ShadowCachers Guest
    WOW...Thats an adventure...Could be a very expensive one as well.

B62GTAWK Guest
    Posting on the ArkGeo will also increase your total score. This will depend upon how skillfully you exercise your storytelling, thought in posting, genuine ideas or lack of knowledge and how skillfully it is applied.
    Sounds like AR-HICK is way ahead on this months scoring.

GeoJeepers Guest
    Forget about the challenge...I wanna be a JUDGE! All the bribery options look too good to pass up!