Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge

(Insert sound of chirping crickets here)

drmo913 Guest
    *chirp *chirp *Rib-BIT! *chirp *chirp *CAW-CAW!!!

bluesybreeze Guest

Rosenberg Trophy

It has been brought to my attention that there is some concern about the status of the Rosenberg Trophy. Well, the Judges are reassuring me that they will most definitely reach their decision about the new recipient of the trophy in time for the Paris Event in January. However, there were certain uncontrollable events that prohibited the judges from awarding the trophy.

1. Quarantine – The trophy was placed under quarantine to prevent infection of the afore mentioned judges and to help contain the epidemic of the Alpha Numeric Virus. The quarantine was extended because the current recipient keep running a fever and reciting her numbers and letters at random.

2. The trophy was temporarily unavailable for viewing by the judges because of the need to have the trophy re-waxed………… OK. It was misplaced. However, a family member did know of its whereabouts and was quoted as saying. “The Rosenquist Burger? Oh, shiny statue with…Who are you? Where do you live? Did you just see that chicken walk by?

3. The Judges were so astounded by the quality of geocacher out there that they just couldn’t make a decision (and the bribes just aren’t like they used to be in this economy).

So, after all of the passage of time and the sounds of happy wildlife, the next Rosenberg Trophy recipient has been selected. The judge’s decision will be announced at the Paris Event in January.

OMG! I got to see it again!

I don't know how the judges did it, but persuading a certain cacher to release it back into the wild, OK to "The Evil Gingerose".

Be very careful of the beauty of this finest of all awards. Keep it secure because all want to posses it. You will find the inspiration that to keep up your Evilness.
    Don't let the crickets start up again.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Wow, the most awesome award in geocaching finally reappears! I was getting worried that Bluesybreeze was not going to let go of "my precious".

Congrats to gingerose on having it awarded to her.

Can't wait to see who receives it next, maybe this time it won't be so many years between presentations, no matter what the excuse.

I guess I missed the presentation. When did it happen? Also, now that the "foxes" have it, will they ever relinquish it to a "wolf"????? And will we care?????
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

bluesybreeze had some excuse she had to leave, so the presentation was done at 11am while many were still out finding the temp caches. I think she really just wanted to run after giving it to another fox and having defaced the trophy. It now bears an image of a fox

bluesybreeze Guest
    Guys, all the howling will NOT change the fact that the Judges in their supreme wisdom have come to the obvious conclusion that THE FOXES RULE! and that GINGEROSE ROCKS and that the Rosenberg Trophy will never, ever be the same!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesybreeze
    ...the Rosenberg Trophy will never, ever be the same!
    You got that right :P

Well, I missed it too so congrats to GingerRose! I saw some special balistic containers at a military surplus not long ago, you may need to put the trophy in. Hopefully I'll see this one day.