Thread: Geocaching Podcasts

Geocaching Podcasts

Imagine a radio talkshow all about geocaching. Not just an hour a week but several hours of geocache-related programming every month. Now imagine that you could listen to the show at your convenience.

That is what “Podcasts” or “Netcasts” allow you to do. They are available on the internet and are FREE of charge! You can listen to them on an iPod or other mp3 player, burn them to CDs to listen to them in your car or just listen to them on your computer.

There are several shows produced regularly. I thought I’d tell you about some of my favorites:

Podcacher (www.podcacher.com) is the top-rated geocaching podcast. If you are going to listen to only one show, choose this one. Sonny & Sandy from sunny, sandy San Diego do a professional quality show with many regular short segments all about geocaching. The shows last around 45 minutes once a week.

Cache-A-Maniacs (cacheamaniacs.com) is an interview show where the same questions are asked of a different cacher each week. Interviewees are from different parts of the country and occasionally overseas. Arkansas’ cachers NonniPoppi & GolfNutz have appeared on this show. It comes out weekly and lasts between 20-30 minutes.

Cachers of the Round Table (cachersroundtable.com) is a panel type show consisting of hosts from other geocaching related podcasts. Each month they tackle a different geocaching subject with each panelist giving their opinion on the subject. Shows are released once a month and last around 20-30 minutes.

Geocaching Podcast is a talkshow that is recorded live from the talkshoe service. The hosts discuss a geocaching topic and get input from a listeners in a chatroom while the show is being recorded. The show has an erratic release schedule. Its suppose to come out once a week but it often gets cancelled for one reason or another. Shows run around 20 minuutes.

Icenrye’s Geocaching Videozine (icenrye.blogspot.com) is a video podcast produced out of Canada. The host takes his camera along on cache hunts and to events. He also uses the video to demonstrate gocaching equipment and tools. The show lasts around 30 minutes and comes out about once a month. You can watch it on a video iPod or on your computer.

Lets Go Caching (www.letsgocaching.com) is a new video podcast that only has a few episodes. Each episode would be great to show a new cacher. The show is produced in Texas and is very good quality. They haven’t released any new shows lately due to an upcoming addition to their family. Hopefully they’ll be back soon.

There are also several shows that are related to specific states or countries. Most of these are still very good even if you don’t live in the state they are talking about.

Centennial State Geocachers - Colorado
    Granite State Geocachers – New Hampshire
    Maine PodCache – Maine
    SLAGA – St. Louis, Mo (recently ended, but old episodes are still available)
    Twin Cities Geocaching Podcast – Minnesota
    GeoTalk Podcast – Australia

There are some others, even some in other languages. Have you listened to any of these?

Wouldn't it be great if ArkGeo could have a monthly Arkansas Geocaching podcast?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

gespurr Guest
    Oooh! I'd have fun listening to the Minnesota one... as that's where we moved here from.

Thanks for the information, Tim! I'll check them out. I like downloading podcasts to my iPod and listening to them through my car radio on my long drives to Mississippi for work! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen