Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your handle mean?

Dentful1 Guest
    It takes all kinds to make this world go around. I guess we have to let them geocache to. That is sooooooooooooo funny scoutfrog. I am curious if you know this cacher personally and do you cache with him??

scoutfrog Guest
    No, sorry, I don't know or cache with him. I just read about him on one of the forums and thought I give everyone a "smiley" of a different kind.

GeoJeepers Guest
    That was too much information! I noticed he had a bookmark list for nude friendly caches and hikes....I can just imagine the mental scars from running into something like that out on the trail . I bet it would take a while to figure out what to say when you logged your cache visit!

OH MY WORD!!!!

gespurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentful1
    It takes all kinds to make this world go around. I guess we have to let them geocache to. That is sooooooooooooo funny scoutfrog. I am curious if you know this cacher personally and do you cache with him??
    ...always in front of him. Never behind.

I just thought.. of..

TICKS

cupstack Guest
    Many, many years ago I saw an activity/game/sport on TV and have been hooked ever since. I introduced the activity to the kids at a YMCA I worked at backed then, introduced to a class at college (as part of a speech), to my Girl Scout troop, and to the kids where I work today. The activity/sport has grown since I first found out about it and the name has changed a little (now it is more known as speed stacking). I even have my original sets of cups I bought when it was just getting started. I even carry a miniature set with me.

cupstack

for more information about the sport visit:
    http://www.speedstacks.com

It has been a long time since I have looked around the website. Thought I would jump back in by posting to this thread. Just before I started caching I had one coworker who always called me Spanky and another who always referred to me as "The Wizard" because of my IT job where I work. So, I just mashed them together and go by SpankytheWizard (allonewordthankyouverymuch!) or STW when my hand is tired and the skeeters are thick!

cachemates Guest
    When we started caching we just used our first names. After a while we decided to change to a new name. We posted here on Ark Geo for suggestions for a new name. Lady Engineer suggested cachemates. That name was already taken but with Capital letters and quotations it was accepted.
    As Paul Harvey would say, Now you know the rest of the story.

bluesybreeze Guest
    Mine comes from my favorite color, blue, and my favorite music, the blues. I also like to travel and I like the idea of being a breeze that can easily travel from place to place on a colorful chord of music, hence - bluesybreeze

TinmanJones Guest
    first let me appologize for bumping alot of old threads to the top... being new around the site, I'm simply pilfering through as many threads I can, to learn ALL I can about you fellow cachers & yalls stories...

as for my name, Tinman Jones, it comes from the name of the band I started, many years ago...

after touring most of the Midwest, North East, & the South... after spending a couple years on the hwy from LA (Lower Akansas) to Nashville, Tn... after signing a record contract & having CDs distributed across the US... & after leaving families for a month at a time, we (Tinman Jones) decided it was time to come home & get "real" jobs & make "real" money...

Tinman Jones disbanded Dec. 31, 2004...

since then, I've tried to keep the name alive, & the mission the same...

my son , Noah (12yrs), has adopted the name Juan Pablo... he said that's what the kids at school call him...

we normally just sign logs as Tinman Jones & Juan Pablo...

so, that's my story & I'm stickin to it...

tinmanjones.com (aka Don)