Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What does your handle mean?

Ashallond Guest
    Ashallond (pronounced Ash-uh-lawnd not ash-hal-and) comes from a character I had used as my avatar when I ran a Neverwinter Nights server about 6 years ago. Since then, I've used it for my internet handle in all things that are not work related.

My handle comes from a large, fat lizard which lives in the southwestern desert areas, the chuckwalla. I come across these lizards quite often when I visit Arizona. I have no special association with the chuckwalla, except that I think they are neat lizards and I like the name.

"Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

I thought I had replied to this thread but I guess I dreamed it... (quit laughing)

My name comes from a combination of three things:

(ark) Arkinsaw whur i'm frum.

(fire) cause I can start a mean camp fire.

(medic) cause I need one from time to time.

My daugher's name, 2ter, come from her 'natural' abilities...

grzz51 Guest
    HMmmmmmm, and I thought you were one of those really nice guys that help people when they are in a really bad way.........lol
    Your daughter....I ain't touching that

bmwrider1 Guest
    I started caching and used the name bmwrider1 because I ride a BMW motorcycle. The family began to cache also and we needed a better name. our little dog is called Rascal and was with us on many of our first caches. Our name became The Rascals. Eddie and Jackie Daniel Prescott

I guess it is time to explain Apache Scout and Sioux-ZQ. I took Apache Scout from the beginning since I have been a teacher at Pottsville for over 25 years. Pottsville has the unlikely and politically incorrect mascot "Apaches." Susan was 2A from the identifying number of her 2nd grade classroom. She was not happy with that handle. A very nice gentleman in one of our "Geocaching for Teachers" classes started referring to her as Miss Sioux and she liked that much better and became Sioux-ZQ after an email request to Groundspeak.
    Jim and Susan

drmo913 Guest
    explanation of drmo913:

dr: i have the goal of eventually getting my phd (though I may be 80 before I finish)

mo: my initials &/or the first 2 letters of my name. a nickname that i've been oft' called since college

913: my birthdate (& I know expect lots of presents in 2010...)

WHOOOOOOOOAAA CHUCK!!!

THAT IS ONE CHUBBY BELLIED LIZARD!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

mud4x4 Guest
    Mine is pretty simple.
    Wanted something short and easy to write on any log.
    And more than likely (if it's just me or the whole mud4x4 crew) we will be driving in one of my 4x4's.
    And 4x4's are notorious for 'picking up' mud
    I like simple, blunt and to the point!

jclaudii & southerngirl

jclaudii comes from a nickname back in high school. There was an old man in town named Claude and when I shaved my head everyone said I looked like him. They started calling me "Claudey" and so I just added the J in front for my name (Jason) and it has stuck ever since.

southerngirl got hers from working at Girl Scout camp. The counselors there have nicknames and her first year there she could not think of a nickname. Some of her co-workers thought she should go with "southerngirl" because, according to them, she was a complete redneck and talked very southern. Her camp name ended up being "Chevy" because she drove a big Z71 truck, but it was taken for geocaching when we registered.

We just had a baby boy last December and have another due anytime now, so often our logs say "+ little cacher". There will probably be a name change in the future for our little family.