Thread: A day in Searcy

A day in Searcy

O.K. I wanted to tell everyone about our day in Searcy. Mrs.Q and I left Jessieville at 5:30 Saturday morning and headed Northeast. This is of course later than I wanted to leave, but Denise had worked tree twelves in a row, and we didn't turn in till about midnight Friday night. We arrived in Searcy and found our first cache at 7:30 A.M.. We found our first ten in about thirty minutes! The tenth one was at the Pioneer Village, and we got a personally guided tour of the place! It was really great to a couple of history buffs! However, it didn't really fit into my schedule to find as many caches as possible in one day, so we didn't stay but about thirty or forty minutes. We pulled up to the next cache, and called Woodwalker. He said to call when we got into town, and I should have called him earlier. I didn't know he was such an early riser! Anyway, he met us at this cache, and parked the Hot Rod Ford. We left the parking lot here, and started to really get after it! We didn't stop for lunch, bathroom, gas or any thing ALL DAY! We just flat got after finding caches! And just let me tell you, there are some caches to find in Searcy!!! Pat must have some pull in higher places, cause the weather couldn't have been more perfect! The most I saw on a bank sign today was 87 degrees. We rode around all day with the windows down. WW9 has got to be tired of opening and closing doors! His momma raised him right, and he jumped out to open Denise's door at every stop today, and that was a bunch! What a gentleman! By the time we got down to the last few that we wanted to hit today, it had started to rain, and get dark, but Pat was determined to help me get my goal for today. When we finally got done, and went to Colton's for a well deserved meal, we had amassed 124 caches in one day! Now I know these aren't Majii gone to Texas numbers, but it was an incredible day for me! I can't thank Woodwalker and the rest of the Searcy cachers enough, for the awesome time that we had today! The caches in this part of the world are very well done, and most importantly, incredinly well maintained! It makes me want to go out and check on all of mine right now! Many thanks to Ice cream man, GeoJeepers, HondaCacher, LilCacheMonkey, KD5JNL, gbashby, frojiles, cchriste, hubadge, Searcykid & quiltingranny, of course Woodwalker, and all the rest of the Searcy area cachers for the wonderful day! I sure hope I didn't leave anyone out, cause they all deserve a pat on the back for a great area to cache! I'll definitely be back! Thanks a million!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

gespurr Guest
    we only got 30. Glad you had fun. Can't wait till September to find the rest of the Searcy loot!!

Finding thirty caches in one day is still great! Add to that a new puppy to love, and well that is a great day!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

ShadowCachers Guest

Great day in Searcy!

What a great adventure I had in Searcy yesterday. 730 am to 230 pm for a total of 47 finds and a wonderful day of caching. Met up with one of the great Arkansas Legends WoodWalker. History lessons to great food it was a memorable day. The addiction continues....

gespurr Guest
    I'm in Searcy every weekend (for personal reasons) from now until the event!

Lesseee. I'm up there L.D. Weekend because I have some stuff to do @ the folks'

The following weekend is my aunt's garage sale I'm helping at.

The weekend after that, my daughter has a birthday party to go to

I take a weekend off and stay home because Nora needs her last round of shots

Then I'm up there the weekend after that.. and you all know why