Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insanity

majii Guest

Insanity

I think my brother and I may need a sanity check. We're planning a caching trip for this Friday and Saturday in East Texas. Our plan is to cache all day both days. My goal is to find 250 caches in the two days. It might be a little warm out there... Who else thinks we might have a couple of screws loose?

HikerRon Guest
    i think 250 is do-able because i have a friend in Colorado Springs that did 127 in one day. it took some planning though. and i think his caching day consumed about 20 hours.

majii Guest
    I've already done a lot of legwork. I've plotted out a route for each day and printed out some pertinent information. I think it would take an entire redwood worth of paper to print out all the cache pages, but I printed some of the necessary information that my GPSr doesn't have. We did 96 in a day in Oklahoma City without any planning, so I think we have a good shot at my goal. Regardless I think it'll be fun.

flannelman Guest
    Sounds like a fun trip!! Bruce and I got 60 in Morilton one day and we didn't get up there till bout 9am. We didn't really have a plan but just went to the next closest cache. With a well planned trip, and if you don't spend too much time looking for each one, I think you could do it. Post the details when ya get back!

cachemates Guest
    Majii,
    We had the pleasure of going to this area with rklmbl and woodwalker back in March, we had a wonderful time. We found 91 ( I think ) caches in a day. You will find a variety of cache. I liked the Sucky Cache. I can't remember the name of the one that Ron was fond of.
    Pat liked all of them. We were finding caches so fast it was impossible (For Me) to keep them straight.
    If it had not been for MBL's perfect dot the I's and cross the tee's bookkeeping I would still be logging those caches. She is the best!!
    You will no doubt have a great trip with a lot of stories to tell.
    Have Fun.

scoutfrog Guest
    I too am planning a cache run for Friday(mine is about 10 hrs east of you in Chattanooga,TN) but I think I've come up with a fix for the Heat. I plan on heading out about 4:30am and hitting some caches in downtown. 1. no traffic and everyone is closed,2. cooler temps. to deal with.
    You might think of caching early say 4am till 1pm or even over night say midnight till noon. just my .02 worth.

Traditionally, insanity or madness is the behaviour whereby a person flouts societal norms and may become a danger to himself and others.
    wikipedia
    Majii you may fit the bill or maybe not on this forum. I don't think you will get committed by anyone here. Hopefully there aren't a lot of cliffs to walk off of while staring at your gps in East Texas. It may be safe for you to in E. Texas.

If you try Jungle Island like I suggested when the Sheriff picks you up he may give you a ride to a rubber room
    I am sure the river gators aren't BIG enough to eat a grown man.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Mrs. Q and I are planning a full out assault on Searcy this weekend. We haven't found one cache there as of yet, so it is ripe for the pickin'. I am stoked about it, and it'll be fun to compare notes after this weekend! Y'all go get 'em! WOOHOO!!!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

majii Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachemates
    Pat liked all of them.
    Wait a minute! So Pat LIKES geocaching? Who knew...