Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Praising Our Reviewer

CW has been very helpful to ArkGeo on several occasions and I'm sure that much of what CW does is never seen by most.

Thanks, CW, for your huge part in making geocaching in Arkansas even better! You're a great reviewer!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Chuck has been a great help to me with the ParkCache Challenge. I couldn't have done it without him.

I offered him a beer next time he's in town. If we all do that we could get him drunk enough to take advantage. Oh heck, we pretty much already take advantage of him.

majii Guest
    Well, I haven't exactly taxed Chuck as much as some others here, but I've always appreciated the work that goes into reviewing and publishing caches. I've even occasionally sent Chuck an e-mail saying as much. Hopefully pretty soon I'll require his/her services on a few cache ideas I've been working on.

flannelman Guest
    Thanks a lot Chuck!! Hopefully I'll be putting you to work next week. I'm meeting with a rep at Lake Ouachita SP to get some new caches approved out there. That is such a nice place! It needs some more caches and I know CW will make sure they are all legit before approving them. Thanks for the good work!

I want to add my thanks to our reviewer, Chuck Walla, also. He / She / It(?) has played a key role in advancing geocaching in Arkansas by meeting the growing output of our cache hiders! And thank you for your work with the Arkansas State Parks in getting the ParkCache series out!

Keep up the good work and know always that you have our respect and gratitude!

Gee - seems like only a few months ago that you were being trashed in these same forums over power trails!!!!
    Oh, how fickle we can be!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Brought this back from the thread grave yard in honor of ChuckWalla and to help stir interest in an appreciation event in his honor coming up in a couple of weeks.

event url:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... eaee4239d1
    Event ID:
    GC1V9T9

I looked, but I did not see any thread started about the appreciation event.

I know I'm looking forward to the event and being able to do some caching in the area. Its been several slow months since GeoWoodstock and I can't seem to get much caching done. Hopefully I can make up for lost time next weekend.

I had heard about this cache but today was the first day I took a look at it.

It is great that our reviewer is even getting recognition in other states including this log entry from the cacher who placed it:
    Checked on the cache this morning, and it's still there. This is a prototype hide for me, I've learned a lot from this test cache and will be improving it in a few weeks. And, just to clear things up, I like chuck walla, this cache is the hardest one I've hidden, and it's to honor him. I'm glad he doesn't let Arkansas get trashed with skirt lifters and random caches, he's a good man who's by the book, and for that he's keeping the natural state beautiful. Good luck to all who search for this cache.
    The cache is Chuck You Walla GC1V7KV

Thanks again Chuck for all you do!

Ashallond Guest
    paris.....let's just say that those of us in the Fort Smith area are going to be glad when he goes back to Texas.

I could list all sorts of things he's done, but it's not worth the time to write them all.

and plus I want to be nice....for now.