Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simply too hot

gespurr Guest

simply too hot

Does anyone else agree?

We walked 100 yards yesterday before my daughter got flushed and said she couldn't go anymore.

We're sending her to the grandparents on Friday.. then it's just DH and I for the weekend.. and we plan to POWERCACHE!

It's never too hot (or too cold)! One of my favorite days caching so far was Last August, when we went over to Glenwood to pick up some of Dentful's Cachin' On the Caddo series. It was 106 or 108, depending on which bank you believed, but either way it was SCALDING!! I managed to grab about thirty caches that day, I think, including three FTFs. I hate the heat, but the best day to go geocaching, is ANY day you can! Cache on!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

I have to spend too much time in this heat out in the hay field, not much fun.. We just have to put caching to rest for a while until we get some relief, however we are going on a trip to CO, hopefully it will be a little cooler there and we can find a few caches on the way..

You all need to head west. It's 53 degrees and 19 percent humidity this morning, expecting showers this afternoon. Also, plenty of caches. CFD29, depending on the route to CO, there are pockets of fun caches throughout Kansas. Have a safe trip... Can't wait to return to AR for all the caches I've seen posted, but not until this heat dissipates.. Stay cool as possible folks....

gespurr Guest
    it looks like it'll go down about 10 degrees this weekend , at least.

HikerRon Guest
    i try to stop caching when the ammo cans are too hot to touch, or the film cans are melted shut

Nothing worse than searching a guardrail that is in direct sunlight in 100 degree weather. On the plus side, if you bring some bacon & eggs along you can cook breakfast while you're looking!

gespurr Guest
    Heyyyy! Good idea!

Don't forget about the sun tea you can brew off the dashboard too!

flannelman Guest
    I really hate hot weather. Once it gets over about 75 I don't like it! Humidity sucks too!! But I love living here so I must endure. And since I love geocaching I am forced to go out in this oppressive heat to find caches. Thanks for urban micros this time of year!!