Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geocoin Rescue

Geocoin Rescue

I have a request from a fellow Mississippian to help rescue a geocoin stuck in an archived cache that is still in place. Here is the request:

Hello Griswolds!

Do you have any caching friends back in Russellville? I have a geocoin "trapped" in an archived cache which is still actually in place and accessible, on the northwest side of Little Rock. It's our prntr1 geocoin, TB16HTR, and it's in Witches Abroad GCZK4R. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could liberate the coin. At this point I don't care much about the goal, I'd just like to get it circulating again.

Here is the link to the cache page. Judging by the last log, it really is still there.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... Submit6=Go

If anyone is in the area, please see if you can retrieve it and move it along.

Thanks, Rich
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

mbooda Guest
    Thanks The_Griswolds! As many of you probably know I'm the fellow Mississippian with the stuck coin. I forgot all about this board and the fact I signed onto it long ago. Anyway, if anyone can help, thank you!

Have you tried emailing the cache owner yet? The cache was archived because it was thought to be missing. However, it has been found since it was archived!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

gespurr Guest
    That's right next to my work...

Hmmm.. I probably won't be able to tomorrow, but I'm sure willing to if need be on tuesday if it's a 'lunchable'. Does it still need to be set free?

My DH and I plan to go on a Geocaching excursion on Friday-Sunday around the city and can get it somewhere with a little more exposure?

Its a quick find just a little ways down a paved trail if memory serves me. If you work close to maumelle park you should be able to grab it on a lunchbreak or right after work.

gespurr Guest
    Yeah, I pass the park on my way to work, basically. I work on Cantrell. Should be easy. I get 2 separate 1 hour breaks at least 1 day this week.

flannelman Guest
    I work in Muamelle but usually just on the weekends. I have to pull some overtime this week and could go get it for ya. I get off work at 7 am so it would still be relatively cool. Let me know if I need to get it for ya.

gespurr Guest

Mission Complete. I'll tell the tale when I have an opportunity, but wanted to post this during my lunch break. BBL I'll also send the owner an email letting them know it's fully intact, dry, etc etc. (Just didn't have a pen to sign the log)

gespurr Guest
    Ok, so I ran out during my break and was told about 8 different directions to go. I found a nice field and stood in the middle of it and recalibrated, after that, it was an easy find! I've never had coordinates SO dead on before!! The tupperware is COMPLETELY intact. I remembered as I grabbed it that I had forgotten a pen. I didn't bother going back to get one because I only had about 20 minutes left of my lunch break.

So I quick took the pictures and headed back. That's when "DING" I had 10 miles left in my tank. Now, I don't drive a small car by any means.. and so, I guess I underestimated the distance (or maybe got it right!) between the cache and Kroger.

When I got to Kroger, I pulled in OK, but stopped a little farther back than I wanted to stretch the hose. I got back in to pull the car forward and it wouldn't putter ... at all. So I stretched the hose, filled the tank and punched back in without a minute to spare

Great job on the coin rescue! Plus you got a find too!