Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AR Game and Fish and AR Natural Heritage Commissions

Team_Pink Guest
    It would be great if the regs and contact info to get the permit were posted in the downloads area. Hint Hint!

Working on it... Hope to have more info soon...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

It looks like the AGFC geocaching program is not quite ready yet. They are shooting for springtime (200.

Just as we were told in December, the AGFC program will be quite different from the normal cache placement procedures. Here is the process, as explained to me:

1) Geocachers will visit the AGFC web site to browse through some pre-selected cache sites. (These sites will be chosen by the AGFC.)

2) Upon selecting one of the available sites to "adopt", geocachers will complete an online permit application.

3) The AGFC will review the application and the approved "adoption" will be posted to the AGFC web page. (The annual renewal will work the same way...)

4) The geocacher will then hide the cache in the approved location.

Some other important differences:

- Caches on WMAs will not participate in exchanging items (trades).
    - The adopting cacher is responsible for maintaining a supply of brochures (supplied by the AGFC) and the log book.

The permit (adoption) process will most likely be done entirely online at the AGFC web site. This is one reason that they are not ready to go live with the program yet. All of the other parts of the program will need to be up and running first.

The AGFC web site will be the “official” source of information for these caches. However, the “adopting” individual may post the cache to GC.com as long as it is listed on the application when they apply for the permit. (The “adopting” individual would, of course, also be responsible for removing the cache listing when they decide not to participate in the program any longer.)

There are currently about 30 sites that have been approved statewide, with more to be added later.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

redink Guest

WMA'S

Please add my name to the "voices" Red Ink