Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Searcy M&G

gespurr Guest
    NoraInu has been placed for Saturday!!

Here is a new update on the Searcy Events Page:

For those who are watching the page...we invite everyone who is in town on Friday evening to meet us at Ryan's. We can eat and talk caching, and maybe do the night cache in Riverside Park!
    Meet at Ryans at 6:30 PM.

Sounds like fun to me. Cache all day Friday, eat supper at Ryans, and do the Riverside By Night Cache in a group.

This Saturday the 27th is the big day.

See YOU there.

gespurr Guest
    Heyyyy.. I have a question and kinda need an answer quick. When we've been asked to email the numbers from the TB, do they want the TB Number off Geocaching.com or the one that's on the actual TB dogtag? I'll bring the backup tag w/ me @ work tomorrow so I can email if need be

(question CCed on Searcy M&G page on geocaching.com)

They are looking for the tracking numbers off the tag I believe. When you view your own tag online (assuming you are logged in) it will show you the tag number so you can copy and paste it instead of having to re-type it.

Hope this helps! See everyone tomorrow! Gonna be a fun day!

For those not familiar with Searcy , here is some information that might interest you

Searcy is a good city to cache by bicycle

Searcy has a 4.8 mile Bike/Hiking trail that runs through town and it is loaded with caches. So if you have a bike it would cut down on your walking and save a lot of time to use it. The caches at Riverside park cover a lot of distance so they too could be run more quickly with a bike.
    There are 14 caches in Riverside Park, besides the temporary ones we will be putting out and the event cache itself..

Searcy is also loaded with a lot of quick PNG's for the cachers wanting to increase their find total.

Our in town city parks also have multiple caches in each park.

There are about 125 caches within the Searcy City Limits.

See you on the trail and at the Event.

Firing up my Helicopter and heading that way!
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

gespurr Guest
    Oddly, I never saw a helicopter today.. hmm

Thanks for the great afternoon!! As some of you know, my morning didn't start great but Thanks a MILLION for the donuts! They helped TREMENDOUSLY

Made it back to my parents within 5 minutes of leaving the pavillion and had my shoes off about 3 minutes after that. AHHH

Well we rode around with Hick today,, there was a couple of times that we got off the ground, but it was only for short durations.

But about the Event, we had such a great time, everything turned out just perfect...

My Helicopter is one of those stealth kinds, very hard to see without special equipment.

Just as like last year a fantastic event, Lots of Old faces and Lots of New ones. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I am still amazed by the Searcy cachers putting on a great event. Hick rates it a 5 of 5 on the good time scale. Thanks to everyone who made it happen, Searcy cachers are GREAT!
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

ShadowCachers Guest
    For those who wanted this..

Banana Split Pie

Use a 9 by 13 square pie pan

Pecan Crust

1 cup flour
    ½ cup powdered sugar
    ½ cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
    1 stick oleo melted
    Mix all together in a bowl
    Press into pie pan bottom only
    Bake 350 till brown and let Cool

Filling 1st layer

8 oz cream cheese
    1 stick oleo
    1 box powdered sugar 16oz
    Cream together
    Then put on top of crust

Filling 2nd layer

Drain small can crushed pineapple
    4 sliced bananas
    Put on top of cream mixture

1st topping

Large box vanilla pudding (cooled)
    Put on top of fruit

Last topping

Cool whip – Spread evenly
    Mar. cherries
    Chopped nuts – sprinkle evenly
    Choc syrup – You can be creative with this to give that banana split look. I use lines in a crisscross pattern. I have even seen people use the choc syrup for writing a birthday message.

Chill and serve.

ENJOY!!!!