Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Articles about Gepcaching in Arkansas.

Articles about Gepcaching in Arkansas.

I found these two articles about Geocaching in Arkansas here Geocaching in Arkansas and Happy Hunting These 2 were in the Northwest Arkansas Times they are great.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Thanks for these links, ASD. I saw in someone's log where they read the article on geocaching yesterday and then decided to go caching and I was wondering what article they saw. This may have been it.

Harleyhogs Guest

Another Newspaper Article - The Baxter Bulletin

Here is another article concerning Geocaching.
    This was out of the 9-06-04 Baxter Bulletin (Mtn. Home, AR).
    Hopefully this will get more people interested,
    and if more people are interested maybe they will set out more caches.
    Just click on the link below

Geocaching Hobby or sport, this game is hot

RuffRidr Guest
    The link that Arkansas Stickerdude posted was probably the one that the logs were referring to. Yesterday's Northwest Arkansas Times ran a piece in the Living section. ASD's links are the online version of that story.

The story left out the online names of the cachers, but in case you're wondering. Chris is Bio-X, Ryan is RuffRidr (me), and Doug is Houseofcache. The kids were with Doug. All in all I think the story turned out pretty good. We had a lot of fun doing that cache and I think the story reflects it.

I've read 2 logs from newbies already who started into geocaching because of the story. I think that is great! I'd love to get an influx of new cachers and caches into the area.

--RuffRidr

Ya'll are right I read the same log and thats what got me to looking for the article. Now if we can all get the newspapers to start doing articles every so offten we could get more into caching. This is the same newspaper that came down to the CITO and meet and greet in Sallisaw after they went with you guys to find the cache. They were very impressed with everyone the photographer was also a cacher with just a few finds. Harleyhogs thanks for the article I will read it next.

RuffRidr Guest

Re: Another Newspaper Article - The Baxter Bulletin

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyhogs
    Here is another article concerning Geocaching.
    This was out of the 9-06-04 Baxter Bulletin (Mtn. Home, AR).
    Hopefully this will get more people interested,
    and if more people are interested maybe they will set out more caches.
    Just click on the link below

Geocaching Hobby or sport, this game is hot
    Wow! That is a really, really good article. One of the best on Geocaching that I've ever seen. It's really cool that there was two Geocaching articles in Arkansas on the same weekend.

--RuffRidr

cachecrazies Guest
    Wow! That is a really, really good article. One of the best on Geocaching that I've ever seen. It's really cool that there was two Geocaching articles in Arkansas on the same weekend.

--RuffRidr
    We agree! That was a terrific article - she really did her homework on that one! And I must admit, we had a great time with Harleyhogs and Kevin (the photographer) doing this story!

This can't help but stimulate the public interest in geocaching! If we only get one or two new cachers out of these articles, they'll be well worthwhile!

Thanks to everyone who was involved with these articles. This is the kind of thing that will reach a large number of people and get them interested in geocaching!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Some really great articles by both papers, done without getting in touch with a quote single contact unquote.

Please, no one be offended by this post. I'm not trying to "stir the pot". I recognize that more organization is desired by most members and is probably a fait accompli. However, this is an example of how good journalists seek out multiple "grass roots" sources. We need to all be good ambassadors, ready and willing when opportunities present themselves.

Thanks, Cachecrazies and Harleyhogs

Geezer

Geezer_Veazey tthat is a good point but these are local papers I have never heard of the one in Mtn Home, and I thought the Northwest Arkansas Times was the same as the one here in Fort Smith. Even tho these are very good articles what was to happen if the Arkansas Game and Fish Comm. wanted to talk to a group leader who woukd they go to. If the AGFC started talking to a local cacher and the that cacher quit caching (I don't know who would do that) then we are back at square one with the AGFC. Atleast with a commettee the AGFC would know they would be talking to atleast one or all of the people on the commettee. It would just look better. Goverment Issues are all about LOOKS .