Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State Parks - ParkCache

How many do you like?
    netinator posted a note for The Grand Finale (Multi-cache) at 8/3/2008 Log Date: 8/3/2008
    Okay...I will be the first to post a note on this awesome challenge. I have to say that I have had soooo much fun going to each and every State Park that I have visited so far. I have 19 finished, and I am hoping to get out this week and get several more. Each place that I have gone to has been such a treat. I have also tried to go into the offices and talk about the Geocaching. Everyone has been so nice. When I read the logs, it sounds like others are having just as much fun as I am. I would like to Thank the entire State for doing such a terrific job on putting this together for all of the Geocachers in the area and surrounding States. Happy Caching
    She is from Memphis, TENN.
    Please tell me someone from Arkansas is going to beat her.
    I have found 8 and am a long ways from getting the rest.
    Ar-Hick
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

I have a grand total of ... 3 . But in the forum thread on the Delorme challenge, B62GTAWK said he has racked up a BUNCH this past week. (29, I believe).

Way to go, B62GTAWK! Don't let those carpetbaggers beat our home team!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Wow, I saw that also, that is great, I thought we were doing good with 8 so far, then someone turned on the oven and we have been staying inside for the most part, don't think we would have to worry about bugs and critters out now,, it is too hot for them too!!
    We are leaving for a cooler climate next week, hope things can cool off when we return.

B62GTAWK Guest
    I have 30 now but can't see me finishing before the end of Aug. There is a team from Helena (grzz51) who has found more than I have. I also signed alot of logs behind a cacher (ltfighter).

Ltfightr Guest
    I havn't been around much.

We have 30 as of yesterday. We hope to get 2 more tonight and to finish by next week. It would be nice to get FTF on it but I don't know if we will or not.

We are having a lot of fun doing this!

Diana

I think I know of someone else who is working on it - young dude from Searcy, I believe.
    I heard him say he had recently attended an event in Mississippi and a bunch of Mississippians (?) were discussing making a run on it. Well, that's all he had to hear! (Like he needs an excuse!)

Please, SOMEbody from Arkansas needs to be FTF! (Nothing agin' them other places, but . . . )

You will notice, I didn't say WE were working on it? It seems I went on a Searcy run last week and on cache no. 6 (Yes, 6 not 60!) the heat hit me badly and we had to stop. Man, it kills me, but the doc says one of my medications and heat doesn't go together well. Shoot. Went out today for a tech class, did one cache in the shade and did okay. Maybe . . .

Nah, I promise I will be good.

Ltfightr Guest
    I'm TRYING!! LOL

If all plans go right, we MIGHT get the FTF this weekend. I HOPE to get FTF on Cosset River this Thrusday.

Wish us luck!

Diana

It looks like that HOT ROD FORD is on the prowl for FTF's
    In case you have not been watching Woodwalker9 got yet another FTF on Cossatot Parkcache
    Just a word of warning for those who may be ahead of him, he can be a very deceitful person those coords he posted on the cache page may be bogus
    Congradulations, WW9 for finding the cache that has been giving others fits, the OLD MASTER is flying under the radar.
    I would like to see if he takes that HOT ROD FORD all the way to the cache at Daisy
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

B62GTAWK Guest
    He better have a picture of it on his Hiking Boots. Because its not going to Daisy. Neither is any Jeep. Maybe a Rock Crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by B62GTAWK
    He better have a picture of it on his Hiking Boots. Because its not going to Daisy. Neither is any Jeep. Maybe a Rock Crawler.