Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State Parks - ParkCache

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeTrek
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the positive feedback. A couple of issues going on (which I pretty much expected with 52 going live at once). Some of them were placed a few weeks ago so we may have a few muggle issues. The worst that I've seen seem to be early signing of logs. We have had a few bad coords. When I hear of that I contact the park to have them go check them.
    Oops! I changed our log to a note. I didn't know we weren't supposed to find that. I thought it was kind of a perk for attending the CITO.

This is a great promotion and we're looking forward to hunting them all. We were planning on visiting all the parks anyway and this gives us a goal. Though so far all we've managed to accomplish is a note and a DNF.

Thanks for organizing this! I know our family will enjoy it and appreciate all the effort. Our state parks are the best!

We have found 5 of them so far, this is going to be fun, so far all the park employees are so supportive, we had a great visit with the rangers at Lake Ouachita. They knew all about it but would only give us vague hints they said they didnt want to spoil our search.. ( I think they just liked to watch us going crazy trying to find it) But we found it..

Only 47 more to go.. And yes I do have a job,, guess what,,,, I work for

Wait for it

The State of Arkansas......

wouldn't you know it...

Yea, I know, you are going to say, If you are a State Employee, how can you afford the gas to go all over the State??

Answer to that is..

The Wife has a good job....

Use her check to pay for gas (just don't tell her)

List

Seems like a real project with distances, but a way to experience the Parks. Have an idea for the owner, create a bookmark list of the caches which can be updated as caches are added/deleted. One can create a PQ (thanks Pat) from the list. Also, for visitors to the state, one will note the list if just one SP cache website is opened.

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Did anyone see the story this morning in the Democrat Gazette?

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Style/231993/

Thanks Celia! Now everyone knows our little secret!

BTW what's a PQ? Also we do have the bookmark on each page. It's: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest. ... te%20Parks

majii Guest

Re: List

Quote Originally Posted by SJClimber
    Seems like a real project with distances, but a way to experience the Parks. Have an idea for the owner, create a bookmark list of the caches which can be updated as caches are added/deleted. One can create a PQ (thanks Pat) from the list. Also, for visitors to the state, one will note the list if just one SP cache website is opened.
    I was actually just about to create a bookmark list for all of the caches in the series and make it public. I think I'll go ahead and do that. It beats working while at work...

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeTrek
    BTW what's a PQ?
    A PQ is a Pocket Query.

majii Guest
    I just created a bookmark list for all the caches in this series. Please let me know if it's visible (I haven't created a public bookmark list before) and if it is missing any of the caches that should be on the list.

A PQ is a pocket query, where you may enter information on the geocaching site if you are a premium member and it will generate a set number of caches (up to 500) within a location you have selected, then the information can be downloaded to your GPSr and to a mobile device such as a palm or pocket pc, that way you can cache paperless..
    Makes things much easier..

Quote Originally Posted by majii
    I just created a bookmark list for all the caches in this series. Please let me know if it's visible (I haven't created a public bookmark list before) and if it is missing any of the caches that should be on the list.
    You did good! It's visible and it says it contains 53 caches, which is the number in this series. Now, I didn't go through and check to make sure they were all the right ones, so I will leave that to one of the insomniacs in our association to confirm!

Thanks majii!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Bookmark

Great list and work Majii. My apologies to Extreme Trek. Should have explained things more thoroughly. Fortunately others were nice enough to fill in the blanks.. This hunt should be fun.. Onward/SJC