Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State Parks - ParkCache

OK. Now we have a bookmark list. So ... has anyone put together a spreadsheet yet to record and sum all the numbers, to determine the coordinates for The Grand Finale ??? I was going to do one sometime, but I didn't want to re-invent the wheel!

By the way, majii, what are you doing at work today???? Got any spare time?
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

majii Guest
    All I have is the printout of the list on the cache pages:

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/th...Clue_Sheet.pdf

Although, I don't think that would take but a few seconds to create a spreadsheet from that pdf. I hadn't thought of that yet. I was just going low tech by printing it out and writing the numbers down manually.

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Ask and ye shall receive. You can down load the Excel version here:

http://drop.io/ParkCacheClueSheet

Just please, no sharing of clues!

WAHOO !!!

You State Park dudes are ALL RIGHT !!!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Just a quick update for everyone:

We are currently 100% up. We are trying hard to keep the muggles at bay. We still have a few FTF's to be had. Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Cossatot River State Park-Natural Area, Herman Davis State Park and Historic Washington State Park. Sorry for those who tried to get them before. 3 of them were muggled and the 4th was a bad coordinate. Good luck to all.

Moro Bay State Park will have some new coordinates momentarily. Keep an eye on that one.

Powhatan Historic State Park is moving the cache to a 24/7 place. In the meantime check with the park office during open hours.

Just drop me a note if you have any questions or concerns.

I tried for a FTF on the Queen Wilhelmina Parkcache twice. Both times a dismal failure. I then hunted Daisy which we thankfully found. The container was a toolbox and subsequently everything inside was ruined, but I found it. My fourth ParkCache hunt was at Cossatot. Yeah, it wasn't there.

One ruined found it and three DNF's. All because I wanted to get a FTF on a ParkCache. I have learned two invaluable lessons though.

1. Don't let any cache get me so excited that I'll rush out of my way to hunt it. I normally don't but this series had me fired up.

2. I'm going to let these ParkCaches bake for awhile until everything is fine tuned. After the fiasco at Cossatot my wife threatened me with taking away my GPS if I drag our family to another park hunting one.

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Sorry about that OENav. You got caught in a bad spot with Queen and Cossatot. Watch the caches and you'll see the vast majority have had no problems. There are still two FTF's out there if you're interested. Of course it may be too late by now.

Just so everyone knows, the ParkCaches are intended to be semi-permanent so even if you don't get them first they will be around for quite a while. I have 250 75th Anniversary Geocoins. It will take some time before they are gone plus we are already working on some ways to add to the fun next year but that's my little secret.

EONavigators wrote:

2. I'm going to let these ParkCaches bake for awhile until everything is fine tuned. After the fiasco at Cossatot my wife threatened me with taking away my GPS if I drag our family to another park hunting one.
    Don't give up your GPS, if you must sacrifice give up the batteries.
    How dare her threating you like that No cacher should have to take that kind of abuse I will have a stern discussion with her the next time I see her
    You also might be sleeping with your GPS if you listen to me.
    EON did you see
    ExtremeTrek wrote

Sorry about that OENav. You got caught in a bad spot with Queen and Cossatot. Watch the caches and you'll see the vast majority have had no problems. There are still two FTF's out there if you're interested. Of course it may be too late by now.
    FTF and in your backyard almost

250 75th anniversary geocoins, will they reamain in the cache until the end of the year? Or until they are gone?
    My plan was to finish when the weather cooled off a little.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

AR-HICK wrote:
    Don't give up your GPS, if you must sacrifice give up the batteries.
    How dare her threating you like that Exclamation No cacher should have to take that kind of abuse Shocked I will have a stern discussion with her the next time I see her Evil or Very Mad
    You also might be sleeping with your GPS if you listen to me. Laughing
    I already took care of that! I just marched straight up to her and.....begged on my knees!! It worked. (I had the spare GPS hidden under the bed) She even mentioned hunting the Queen Wilhelmina cache when we go to Albert Pike this weekend.

I'm going to wait though. In my attempts at finding it I did find a very nice place to hide a cache on the trail which is great by the way. Really, it's a fun hike. If you hunt that one you should hike the trail counter-clockwise from the trail head on the southern side of the lodge. I'm going to submit a permit to see if I can hide a cache at the park.

ExtremeTrek wrote

Thanks. I've noticed that this generally happens almost every time (coordinates were off for this cache to.) I try for a FTF. They don't appear anywhere near us often. I think the last one was back in January. I would like to make one suggestion though. Due to the fact that any cache I decide to hunt for a FTF seems to have something bad happen to it beforehand, (eaten by a bear, struck by lightning, stolen by E.T.'s, etc.), the state parks may want to contact me in advance and ask that I stay at home for awhile.

gespurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeTrek
    Did anyone see the story this morning in the Democrat Gazette?

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Style/231993/
    Yeah, my mom called me tonight to tell me about the article.