Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State Parks - ParkCache

ExtremeTrek Guest

Arkansas State Parks - ParkCache

WE ARE LIVE!

You wouldn't believe the logistics to getting this thing going! 51 caches are now live. The only one missing is Hobbs (I hope to have it up by tomorrow). You can see all of them at: ParkCache. They are all placed by Arkansas State Parks.

We hope to have a news release going out by Wednesday so you have a head start. This is not really a race but I know what happens when the competitive spirit rears it's ugly head so have at it.

Do me a couple of favors please -- (1) If you see a problem with any of them let me know as soon as possible at joseph.jacobs@arkanas.gov. I will work to fix it as fast as possible. Suggestions are welcome. (2) Some of these parks are in remote areas of the state. If you have a chance to place a geocache please do. Reminder, please respect all the regular rules. We are hoping to get more people out to visit some of these parks and I know the chances are better if there are more caches in the area.

Have a blast! I know we already have 3 first finds. Which will yours be?

Wow, this sounds like a great adventure! I can't wait to visit some state parks I've never been to! Thanks so much for doing this!

Howlingmoon Guest
    I wish I could go find them all but, they're ALL over Arkansas. Maybe if gas ever drops to a reasonable price. haha

The cache pages look great
    I think this will be a great series to try, I can't wait to get started.
    I am heading for Petit Jean in the morning.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

You are to be commended on this series of caches, now I really have an excuse to try and go to all the State Parks.
    Thanks for this great series..

Thanks for placing these caches. My family and I will have to try and visit as many state parks as we can. Like the other comments that have been made I think the cache listings look great!

cachemates Guest
    The Arkansas Geocachers really appreciate the State Parks and all they do to help promote geocaching. This new cache series will be a good reason to visit all the State Parks.
    We got 2 yesterday.
    Crater of Diamonds and Daisy
    Thanks Arkansas State Parks

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the positive feedback. A couple of issues going on (which I pretty much expected with 52 going live at once). Some of them were placed a few weeks ago so we may have a few muggle issues. The worst that I've seen seem to be early signing of logs. We have had a few bad coords. When I hear of that I contact the park to have them go check them.

In the first two days we have had 44 finds. That's on a Monday or Tuesday. The joke around the office is, "Don't these people have jobs?"

There are still a lot of FTF's to be had. I also heard from a little bird that Ozark Folk Center is putting recipes from the Skillet Restaurant in their cache.

As always, let me know of problems and we will fix them as fast as possible.

Joe

"Don't these people have jobs?"
    Yes, I do and it keeps getting in the way of geocaching!

Thanks to Woodwalker, you can now find a .gpx file containing all of these caches in our Downloads section, under the heading of Miscellaneous.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile