Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State Parks - ParkCache

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeTrek
    Trying to manage 52 of these things is another part-time job but we are trying to get to them as fast as we can.
    I am willing to volunteer my services to help with one or more of the ParkCaches in my area. I could help with Lake Dardanelle (only 1 mile from where I live), Mt. Nebo, and Petit Jean. Any or all. I'm sure that other ArkGeo members would also be willing to help out. This would be a great service project for us! Let me know if you want me to help out and who to contact.

Old River Runner
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I could help with Mount Magazine if needed. I guess I need to find it first

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Thanks all....

The best thing to do is to contact the park superintendent at any park you would like to help with. Right now in most parks they have a person assigned to taking car of the ParkCache. The only one's I take care of are Jenkins Ferry (which I would love some help with) and the grand finale (which I better keep to myself unless someone who has finished the whole thing would like to help)

The parks are always looking for people who can volunteer in various ways. If you need a contact name, phone number or email address or are having problems getting in touch with someone at a park, please let me know.

Thanks again for working with the parks.

ExtremeTrek Guest
    We have a new deal online! Arkansas State Parks now has a Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 5&ref=name

We are also members of the Geocaching.com group on Facebook. Check it out.

A big CONGRATULATIONS to AR-HICK for completing the State Park Challenge this afternoon!!!!! Way to go, Mike!

bluesybreeze Guest
    Woo-Hoo! Ar-Hick! Way to go! Congrats on the accomplishment.

Wow!!! What an accomplishment, AR Hick. Congratulations, Nukeworker and Racquetball Girl

Congratulations Mike! I knew you were racking up the state park caches lately, but I had no idea you were that close! Great job!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Incredible!! Fantastic!! Magnifico!!!

What dedication. Any man who would brave a Havana burrito to complete this series deserves an award of some kind. Way to go Mike!

Lots of miles driven for this one and I am glad that I got it done before the end of the year.

Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone.

If you have not visited all the state parks I suggest you start. It was a great experience and I will have to go back and stay a little longer in most of them. Missed a few caches along the way

Had a great time, THANKS.

Mike AR-Hick
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison