Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Articles about Gepcaching in Arkansas.

Harleyhogs Guest

Concerning the AGFC . . .

I guess you have had better luck with the Ark Game and Fish Commission than I have.

I was going to set out a cache on a G/F River Access area, so I called the local G/F Biologist Office to obtain approval for the cache. They had no idea what I was talking about. They referred me to Little Rock.

Before calling I went to the GF website. Wow there was a article about Geocaching . Well I called and I went thru 3 different people to find one that had heard of Geocaching. Well to make a long story short someone took my phone number and would have someone call me back. That has been over a month ago. You would think that if the G/F had a web page dealing with Geocaching that their people would be a little better informed.

I guess what my main point is we need to education the people about the positive aspects of Geocaching as a sport / hobby. We need to inform individuals that this is not only an individual sport / hobby, that caching can also be done as a family or group event.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Some really great articles by both papers, done without getting in touch with a quote single contact unquote.
    Absolutely true. Perhaps I have missed something in the past. Where has it ever been stated, or intimated, that the organization would ever exclued anyone? Perhaps this a misconception on the part of someone. Either myself or others, I have never thought an organization would ever try to supplant the local cacher. Have I missed something?

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Some really great articles by both papers, done without getting in touch with a quote single contact unquote.
    Absolutely true. Perhaps I have missed something in the past. Where has it ever been stated, or intimated, that the organization would ever exclued anyone? Perhaps this a misconception on the part of someone. Either myself or others, I have never thought an organization would ever try to supplant the local cacher. Have I missed something?
    When I saw the replies to my post I said "DADgummit.......DadGUMmit. I should have kept my trap SHUT." I didn't mean to cause this thread to be diverted away from the original subject, or to rehash things that have already been gone over thoroughly. So I'll answer your question and hope everyone's mind is at ease and the thread can return to the subject of articles about geocaching in Arkansas.

I don't believe it has been stated or intimated that the organization would ever exclude anyone. I do not know of anyone having this misconception. It's certainly not a misconception on my part. I do not believe it is a misconception on anyone else's part including the person who said that one of his goals as a member of the committee was to be a single point of contact for the media. For an association to exclude or supplant one of those who makes up the association for no reason is so contrary to common sense I can't imagine anyone feeling that way.

My post emphasizing what a good job had been done by individuals, (someone other than a "single point of contact") should have re-inforced the thinking that individuals are not supplanted by the organization.

Have a good "rest of the week" and weekend.

Geezer