Thread: ARKANSAS DEMO GAZ GEOCACHING ARTICLE ?

mountainborn Guest

ARKANSAS DEMO GAZ GEOCACHING ARTICLE ?

Before Betty and I left for Colorado, I was contacted by a reporter for the ArDemoGaz paper in LR. The interview was about geocaching. Yesterday while camped out at the USCOE Lake Greeson campgrounds, a Ranger told me that he had read the article about three weeks ago.
    That would have been while we were away from home in Colorado. We have never seen the article, and were hopeing that someone might still have the paper laying around somewhere.
    Usually anything geocaching related in the media gets mention in these forums. So today we came here to learn more about it, but found nothing.
    Now I am wondering if the Ranger was mistaken !
    Did anybody see the article ? Did it put a good light on Geocaching in Arkansas ?
    I wonder how we might get a copy of the paper ?

Howlingmoon Guest
    I can check to see if the library might have copies of recent papers next time I can get out. I will let you know if I find anything.

If you can figure out what date it was you can buy copies of old issues of the Democrat Gazette at their office in Little Rock at 4th and Scott. If you can get me a date I'll see about getting you a copy.Sayitagain

scoutfrog Guest
    I think I may have found your article for you

3. ON THE HUNT
    Abstract: With only a GPS device and a sense for adventure, explorers of any age can enjoy the outdoors through geocaching - a modern-day “treasure” hunt combining GPS coordinates and the outdoors. “It is completely addictive, so its popularity has soared since [it ...
    Date: 05/30/2008
    Score: 0.77
    Section/Page: Special
    Byline: BY STEPHANIE MOCK SPECIAL SECTIONS WRITER

hope this helps, Frog

mountainborn Guest
    Got it ! Thanks you guys !
    Chris, great photo of you all !