Thread: Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July

TopSgtLawrence Guest

Great Post!

Good Graphits

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    Happy Independence Day to All!

And Happy Birthday, America!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Happy Birthday America!
    Don't forget what this day is all about.
    Have a happy and safe Fourth of July
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Team_Pink Guest
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    What a tremendous responsibility! I wonder how many of us have the strength and courage it would take to fulfill that responsibility?

Happy Birthday American and Happy Holiday everyone! I hope you are enjoying your families and/or friends!

Is a 57.00 dollar fee for placing a geocache absolute Despotism? Sorry, so sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

flannelman Guest
    The tax on tea was less than that!! I see ammo cans and Lock-and-Locks floating in the harbor now!!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
    To charge $57.00 to place a cache should be unconstitutional based on the Right to Pursue Happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by searcykid
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
    To charge $57.00 to place a cache should be unconstitutional based on the Right to Pursue Happiness.
    Sorry, but the Declaration of Independence is NOT the Constitution. And the pursuit of happiness is not in the Bill of Rights!

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes;
    Somehow, with the ongoing War on Terror, the lack of a national energy policy, a struggling economy, and a Social Security system on the brink of collapse, I find the issue of a fee on geocaches to be pretty "light and transient"!

We STILL have a GREAT country.

Old River Runner
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen