Thread: Garmin 60cx help!

TopSgtLawrence Guest

Garmin 60cx help!

I can not get my new Garmin to work correctly, When I try to use the compass mode the pointer is not there, all I get is= ..... ....., no arrow will show. What am I doing wrong?

Two things I can think of...

Make sure you have a cache (or some other destination) chosen by using the "Find" button. I believe the compass doesn't work unless its got something to point to.

Calibrate your compass. From the compass screen choose "Menu" and calibrate compass. I have to do this a lot... (makes me dizzy!).

Those are my ideas... Hope maybe one of them will help. Its a great unit, I love mine!

When on the navigation page, or the "compass" page press "Menu".

You should get a list of options, go to and select "Bearing Pointer" and press "ENTR" OR "ENTER". That should give you the "Pointer" that will "point" the way.

I have a 60csx and that is how I get, so I think it should be the same for your model.

TopSgtLawrence Guest

My New Garmin and Cashing friends!

I show my new Garmin to AR-Hick and Woodwalker, and I think they decided that the unit was defected, The compass needle did not show for them either.

I had that same problem with mine when I first got it at the beginning of the year but I cannot remember how I finally got it to work. If it comes to me I will let you know. Good Luck!!

Might also want to check the garmin website and make sure you have the latest firmware version. Its quick and easy to install.

TopSgtLawrence Guest

Garmin Update!

I called Garmin yesterday 16 June 08, After trying this and trying that, The tech Rep decided the unit was defected. I will receive return info with-in 24 hours. Thanks to AR-Hick, woodwalker and BSA for your help, Hope to get my new unit soon.

TopSgtLawrence Guest

New Garmin Shipped

Well, I received conformation that my New GPS was shipped from the factory yesterday, I hope to get it soon, AR-Hick and wood walker help me set it up.

That's great news TopSgtLawrence. You'll be out racking up the numbers before long now. Please keep us updated on your progress.

TopSgtLawrence Guest

My New Garmin 60Cx

Well, my new unit came in this morning 15 July 08, I still need to initialize it.