Thread: New cacher

Sean-Athair Guest

New cacher

It seems that we have a new cacher in NE Arkansas who, when they find a cache they just post a note instead of loging it as a find. They also take TB's and do not log them as taken. They found one of my caches and took a TB did not even post a note on it,they just signed the log and mentioned that they took the TB coin that was there . They did leave a trade object but it was too big for the container so they just left it lying next to the cache.

I have e-mailed them and suggested that they contact me if they do not know how to properly log the caches and travel items, but I have not received an answer.

I have located his profile from some of the notes he has posted in the Walnut Ridge area.

The party in question has only been a member of Groundspeak since March 09 2008 acording to his profile.

What can be done about this problem?
    If I am in error posting this note I appologize.

Build a cacher trap!
    Then try torture when you have them caught.
    Once they promise not to do bad things anymore you may release them.

The other option might be to have a meet and greet so you can have a face to face converstation with them.
    You will also have backup in case they are a lot bigger than you.
    Send them copies of the rules of geocaching everyday?
    Maybe they will see the error of there ways.
    Are they moving or taking caches?
    That would be a major problem.
    If they do not repond to e-mails I have nothing else to suggest. You can always hope they get bored and quit.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

I like the idea of a meet and greet up there. One of those no pressure, no hard work, but food sort of deals. You also might contact Mike Pinkston (Team Pink) and see if he might know them.

Sean-Athair Guest

Meet and Greet

My son crazymick and I are working with the local Historical heratige museum who is interested in hosting a Meet and Greet and placing caches around some of the historical sights in and around Pocahontas and Randolph County. They would like to have it in conjunction with some of their summer events.

I already have several caches located at some of the sights. It is just getting everything put togegher that is the hold up. We area still new at this Meet and Greet thing.

Glad to hear that you are interested in coming up this way.

Some of you have already been to some of my caches.

Thank you

I love the idea of a meet and greet or Eat-N-Meet like the one that I had in Searcy a couple of months ago. Very easy to put together and a great way to meet new cachers and explain some of the do's and don't's. I hope you will put one together and I will try my best to be there. In fact, if I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

CaptainB Guest
    A Meet & Greet in Randolph County would be great. Seems like geocaching in our area has been sort of slow to catch on.

Team_Pink Guest
    I have sent emails to this geoacacher before explaining that they are not getting credit for their finds the way they are logging. I'm guessing that with the obvious misunderstanding in the way to log a find, that the geocahcers are struggling with the technology and it will be sometime before they see any emails.

I have thought about posting a note to them on a cache where they might visit next but haven't done it yet.

Great news on the event Sean Athair! If I can help give me a yell.