Thread: Hi, from Chattanooga, Tennessee

scoutfrog Guest

Hi, from Chattanooga, Tennessee

Well, I was just looking at Geocaching sites on the web and saw the one for Arkansas and decided to check it out. I'm originaly from Arkansas, born in Hot Springs and lived in Malvern for a while too. I'm planning a trip back "home" and thought I might get in some caching while there.

I've been bitten by the caching bug pretty bad and thankfuly we have a real good caching group here, the GETGC (GREATER EAST TENNESSEE GEOCACHING CLUB) and they are a big help and a lot of fun too. If you want a good laugh sometime, check out our site at www.GETGC.org and read some of the stuff that gets put in our forums.

Thanks for having another place for me to get a cache "fix".
    ScoutFrog

Welcome scoutfrog!

My wife and I just went to the ArkGeo 2008 Social Event last week at Hot Springs and stayed at a hotel in Malvern!

Glad to have you as a part of ArkGeo.

My family and I will be traveling to Tennessee next year to visit GeoWoodstock VII! Any suggestions you could make about the area would be appreciated.

Great to have ya!

scoutfrog Guest
    I've only been thru Bell Buckle a few times. My main advice is,DON'T BLINK, as you will miss the whole town! The picture on the cache page IS THE WHOLE TOWN!(at least it was the last time I was thru there in 2004) I'm guessing most people will have to stay out near the interstate near Murfreesboro(about 15-20 miles), I realy don't see 1,000+ people being able to find rooms.

There aren't any caches there(I think 2 including the event) but our local club has already "ask" those of us in the group to help populate the surrounding area with caches. One of the group has friends coming from out of state and he promised them a 200 cache run(not all in one day) while they are in town, so I guess we need to get busy and place oh.. about... 198 caches between here and there(98 miles). That won't be a problem for me, i've got a series of caches that takes you all over town and it is perfict for the trip up there.

I hope its close enough that we can search for Monkeybrad's "4x4 under a pile of rocks" cache. (I'd love the name or GC# for that one if you know it).

scoutfrog Guest
    Well BSA, you got me on that one. most of my caching has been within 25 miles of home and I don't know about that one. Sorry.