Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GeoWoodstock VII : Start planning your trip now.

Re: Road Trip/Car Pool

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCachers
    Planning on attending and pretty excited. Hope I'm not deployed overseas. Curious if any Ark geocacher's were planning on getting together and doing a caravan, car pool or getting together and planning a ralley point for everybody to get together in TN.
    Great idea! Is anybody planning on camping that weekend?

TN caching

Must try one of these events, so I've signed to attend. Near my high school in Monteagle and will likely pull the trailer to do the nostalgia thing plus cache a bit. I'm game for a caravan/group camping plan.. I'll check out parks, etc. Onward

HikerRon Guest
    SJC- keep me posted on the camping options. i would be up for that.

ShadowCachers Guest

Camping

I'm all for camping and have tons of supplies.

Initial study reveals no national forest sites near, three state parks: Old Stone Fort - 23 miles, no reservations, Henry Horton - 24 miles - nice site, but circuitous route to Bell buckle, Cedars of Lebanon - 54 miles (whew). Not much luck on independent rv parks as yet. Wrote BB chamber for suggestions also. Will keep trying...

Thanks for checking into this for everyone SJC!

ShadowCachers Guest

Ralley Point

All the Arkgeocachers should try and find a location to hang out and share caching stories in the down time. Camping area would be great. Nothing like a camp fire with some good stories.

scoutfrog Guest
    Thought I would keep you guys in the loop. The registration for Geowoodstock VII is now open and here is the link.
    http://www.geowoodstock.com/

RV camping

This information comes from the GeoWoodstock forum. If you are interested in RV or tent camping, this might be of interest..

Those of you watching this thread will get a sneak peek on this info.

I have just gotten word that the Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce is ready to begin taking reservations for RV and tent camping.

You can contact them @:
    Phone/Fax: 931-389-9663
    Email: info@bellbucklechamber.com
    Be sure to reference GeoWoodstock VII Tent or RV Camping in your communications.

I would like to note that this is a separate thing from GeoWoodstock and our committee is not directly involved with this so you will need to direct questions to the Chamber. We heard your calls for a place to camp and the Chamber graciously agreed to host our guests. The Chamber will be handling all the details on the camping from reservations, to collecting fees and providing services, to cleaning up after the event. All proceeds go directly to the Chamber of Commerce to help offset the cost of hosting the campers and any profits will help to fund their activities throughout the year.

This same info will be posted on www.GeoWoodstock.com in the next day or so.

My family and I have our room reservations in Murfreesboro and tonight I ordered my event registrations.

We plan on leaving Paris on Thursday, May 21st and then returning on Monday, May 25th.

It will be here before you know it.