Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GeoWoodstock VII : Start planning your trip now.

scoutfrog Guest
    Since I live just a little over an hour south of GW7, I'll be there too. Just look for the guy with a frog on his head.

I was looking over the map and I'm thinking about going south after the GWS and caching back to Arkansas via Alabama & Mississippi. Pick up a few new states that way!

scoutfrog Guest
    The chattanooga,tn area (where i live ) is a very cache rich area. There are 720 caches within 10 miles of downtown (zip code 37401), over 1400 within 20 miles and 2459 within 50 miles. There are a lot of in town micros but there are some larger smalls and a few ammo cans. If you come down to I-59 to get to Alabama, it's only a 14 mile side trip to get down town, plus I-59 runs through about 15 miles of georgia before you get to the Alabama state line.

Yeah, I also saw several earthcaches in the area. I need to get one out-of-state to earn my first earthcache pin. Hopefully we can pick up a few of those as well. I saw the road to Georgia and it is very tempting. The hard part will be driving past caches to get to others! Man, I need a week or 2 to make this trip!

ShadowCachers Guest
    GeoWoodStock VII event photo ready for download athttp://www.geowoodstock.com/news/event_media.html

impressive crowd and camera!