Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GeoWoodstock VII : Start planning your trip now.

GeoWoodstock VII : Start planning your trip now.

I have noticed that the listing for next year's GeoWoodStock VII has been published on GC.com.

Here is the link:
    GeoWoodStock VII (GC1CG5G)

My birthday is in May and I have already asked to make a trip to this event for my birthday next year.

It is at a neighboring state and I think a great chance for those in Arkansas to attend. I'm going to start making plans to attend now.

You should have seen rkl's eyes light up this morning when I saw this thread and told him where GWVII was to be. He's already talking about going. Now he's really got to work his butt off the next few months. Thanks, David, for putting this thread on Ark Geo. mbl

My birthday isn't til October, so I think I'm going to ask my wife to get me this for Paris' birthday. That should work!

Seriously, I already have it marked on my calendar. 350 miles away. Is this the closest a mega event has been to central Arkansas?

WOOHOO! I saw this on the weekly mailer yesterday! I am stoked! This should be a blast! Is this a week, or weekend long thing? I don't know a whole lot about these, but I've heard they are fun. Although if gas gets any higher, we may have to see how many geocachers we can stuff into Dentful's 49 MPG rig!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

I really want to go to this event but it looks like I won't be able to because as of now my sons graduation is scheduled for the day before the event.

I did a search last night of hotels in the area of Bell Buckle, TN. One hotel showed there were no available rooms for the dates I put in and the other said it was a date range to far in the future to search.

We plan on leaving Arkansas Thursday, May 21st, 2009 and returning on Monday, May 25th, 2009 (which is Memorial Day).

I made reservations at a Country Inn and Suites in Murfressboro, TN.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated!

I'm planning my trip now

Oh Yeah, Going to Geowoodstock
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

We have our trip already on the calender, we are going down on Wed the 20th scope out the area, check out the distillery at Lynchburg... :P
    Then return home on Sun the 24th. We are staying in Manchester a little farther south, but looks like there are some caches to be found in the area, so we will probably make a loop and find a few on Thurs and Fri before the event. Looking forward to it..

HikerRon Guest
    yep, i've already posted a 'will attend'. it would be good to have a good showing of AR cachers there.

ShadowCachers Guest

Road Trip/Car Pool

Planning on attending and pretty excited. Hope I'm not deployed overseas. Curious if any Ark geocacher's were planning on getting together and doing a caravan, car pool or getting together and planning a ralley point for everybody to get together in TN.