Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me please...

JoustinaJerard Guest

Tell me please...

Hello, friends!

I'm newbie on arkgeocaching.org . And I realy do not know all rules about writing messages.
    Tell me please if category "Arkansas Geocaching" available to talk about different themes?
    Is it possible to download somewhere on this forum any video files?

Regards, me!

Welcome!

Your post will generally get read almost anywhere you put it. But Arkansas geocaching is reserved mainly for discussions about geocaching.

There is a general Discussion category that is used to discuss everything else.

On answering your question below, i'm not quite sure what you mean by "themes". I am also unclear on what type of videos you are looking for.

Here are the Forum Posting Guidelines. They may be found under "Site Features" (menu at upper left hand corner of this page) under "Content', then select "ArkGeo Documents", then select "Forum Posting Guidelines." -- ORR

Forum Posting Guidelines

There are certain guidelines you should be aware of before you post messages to the ArkGeo forum. It is important to establish some basic guidelines of conduct. In general we will leave it to the ArkGeo community to keep the discussions appropriate. However, while most people are courteous and polite, there are some individuals that choose to behave in a disrespectful and irresponsible manner. ArkGeo will take appropriate steps to keep discussions in line with these guidelines.

Moderation is not an attempt to censor any beliefs or opinions. We simply want to preserve the spirit of an open, interactive discussion. We also expect everyone to use common courtesy and respect while visiting our site. In order to maintain this atmosphere, inappropriate messages or threads may have to be edited, removed, or locked. Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted immediately include posts containing profanity, spam postings, or posts that disclose the tracking number codes for travel bugs. Other examples are discussed in the guidelines below.

Probably the most typical form of moderation will be the locking of a thread. This will take place when a discussion becomes derogatory towards any person, or when a thread digresses to name calling or a series of "I'm right, you're wrong!" type of posts. These kinds of discussions are not productive to the ArkGeo community, and will not be tolerated. When a thread is locked, the moderator will state their reason for doing so. The action should be viewed as an indication that everyone needs to cool down and think things through before continuing the conversation. If anyone has points they feel would be valuable additions to the conversation, they are strongly encouraged to wait 24 hours to start a new thread.

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

- The goal of the ArkGeo forum is to promote geocaching. Therefore, topics in the forum should be of interest to the geocaching community.

- Be polite. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Respect every ArkGeo member and guest on these boards. Whether someone has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve respect. Remember that this is a public venue read by many people spanning all walks of life.

- Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

- Personal attacks or ad hominem attacks (attacking a poster's spelling, grammar, age, education, language ability, etc.) will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize an idea or suggestion, give examples as to why the idea is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

- Sock puppet accounts will not be allowed. (A sock puppet is an account created for the purpose of posting anonymously.) Use your own account for posting personal opinions.

- Private discussions should not be held in an open forum. Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, use the "Private Message" or "Email" feature. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.

- Commercial postings/solicitations are not allowed. Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or non-intentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post will be edited or deleted.

Forum moderators are volunteers that give up their time to help build a better ArkGeo community. They will assist with focusing topics and enforcing guidelines. They have the ability to edit/delete posts, to move, close or delete topics, and to temporarily moderate users’ posts. They also have the responsibility to respect the rights and wishes of the ArkGeo community over and above those of any particular individual. Since “the community” is made up of a conglomeration of individuals with differing opinions and points of view, the moderators realize that the actions taken to fulfill this responsibility will not always be popular with every member.

Please remember that any messages you post will stay available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Post carefully! Once you have posted your message it is here to stay. Moderators will not edit what you wrote unless it does not conform to the above guidelines. If a moderator edits your post and you do not like the changes, we will delete the message at your request.

If you have an issue with a specific post/topic on this board, please notify a moderator, who will review the post and edit/delete if necessary.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

didnt want to make NEW topic so i will use this 0ne.
    On the first to find will the name of such as the person that found it //will it show ****** Congratulations to abcdefghi12345 -- FTF on 03/24/10 ******
    I would like to know this and i am still learning this on how every thing works if that you can help thank you

grzz51 Guest
    On the log it will show whatever the person chooses to write...... If you want to put a "Congrats to FTF" you'll have to edit the description on the cache page to add it.

Yeah, I just usually edit the description and add it in bold on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by wilddav
    didnt want to make NEW topic so i will use this 0ne.
    didnt want to make new topic again if i see a cache that has TB,or coin can i still pick them up even after that i found the caCHE before ??

Sure, you can always return to a cache to pick up a traveler to help move it along. Just be sure and "write note" and don't log it as a find again.

was n0t sure if that i could pick up a bug tb travel bug or coin i would indeed write a note saying that i took bug 0r coin and droping it 0ff in another

If you pick up a coin or tb and drop it off on same geocaching trip, remember to write down pretty much any number or "code" off the coin or tb. I didn't do that once and we had no way to grab the travel bug to put it in our inventory and then we had no way to drop it off in the new cache that we just dropped it in. It was pretty far away and we were not going to drive out there to fix it so there showed to be a tb in the first cache and there was not. The second cache had one but it was not showing up on the cache page that it had a travel bug.

Good Luck....There fun to move along...some are pretty creative.