Thread: Monsoon Caching

Monsoon Caching

Today, I joined up with 4Wheeling-1 to grab a FTF on a cache in Morrilton. I have cached in the rain before, but today it was not just raining it was a Monsoon (Flash Flood)
    We drove around the cache trying to get a close as possiable and 450 feet was it. When we got out of the truck it was raining and we were both soaked in the first 100 feet. We didn't bring an umbrella cause neither one of us wanted to hold due to the Lighting .
    The next 200 feet we were walking in water ankle deep maybe more (depending on whose ankles was measuring).
    Then we came upon a river, well it sure did resemble a river lots of sticks and trash flowing by us.
    What do you think we did?
    We are standing in the middle of a field soaking wet a 150 feet from a possiable FTF.
    Yeap, we started fording this overflow of water heading towards the cache. At one point the water was over my knees, I didn't look back at 4W-1 to see how high the water was on him. After crossing a 100 foot river we finally got on high ground quickly spotted the cache.
    The next problem was to sign the log. Well we did that, but it got kinda wet in the process. This is something we neither one thought about when we started, does this make us bad cachers? I hope not. I like to think of us a energetic and always ready for a challenge cachers.
    We then crossed the river and walked splashing water on each other back to the truck.

Did we have FUN YES
    Do we have any sense NO
    Memories of one of the funniest caches I have ever done PRICELESS
    It has been a long time since I laughed all the way to a cache and all the way back.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

mountainborn Guest
    CACHE ABUSE ! CACHE ABUSE, plain and simple, a clear cut example of the "ugly cacher" in action ! Poluting Arkansas streams with your geocaching bodys is atrocious and un called for !
    Geeze ! Man, oh Man, I wish I had been with you guys !
    Cool report, glad you guys had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainborn
    Poluting Arkansas streams with your geocaching bodys is atrocious and un called for !

What was the terrain?? Does that mean it was a 5 when you went?

Hmmmmm

AR HICK,

Some places have what they call "weather reports". You might consider trying to find one of these places before you go out caching.

Ron

Ron,
    I think first you need to have enough sense to stay out of the rain.
    We are smarter than turkeys, cause we didn't drown cause we don't look to see where the rain is coming from.
    I am a HICK and where exactly do you get those weather reports at
    Do you need electricity or would batteries work?
    The big rain did clean the outhouse, so I will have the weekend off to go caching at the Big Event.

Hick
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

You know what,, that stone will do a better job with the weather than a lot of the forecasts that come out lately...

I can not believe I missed this thread, to our defense we couldn't see if it was raining on the other side of those trees or not, and another thing, AR-HICK has one those fancy dancy weather rocks but he said he was not sure if it was under water or if the hurricane force winds blew it away, the water was only ankle deep to BOTH OF US, of course I was walking on my hands so I wouldn't be completely under water (email me if you don't get it), it's great to have a friend like Mike that will think of you when it comes to caching in a Hurricane or minus zero temperatures or even a mile hike down the side of a mountain(to find out we could've parked RIGHT THERE), caching is fun no matter what but it's extra special knowing your caching with a guy that would risk his own life to save you from a flowing river AFTER HE GOT THE FTF ON A CACHE AND REALIZED YOU WEREN'T THERE

You guys are crazy but glad your ok and you grabbed the FTF!!!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

flannelman Guest
    Are you sure Quatzcachers wasn't there with ya. That sounds like something he and I would do.