Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Rkl

. Friday morning, after getting the doc's permission, he drove himself to the little store for coffee with his buddies and will most likely do so today too. These are [b]HUGE MILESTONES[b] for him.
    This is a GREAT MILESTONE, even better than the numbers!

cachemates Guest
    I bet the guys at the Harmony Koffee Club was glad to see their story telling buddy! That is really good news. Look out caches here they come!!

Hail to the KING
    The personal trainer must be whipping the King into shape for his next conquest. Now that The King has rejoined his court.
    He will be working out with much more energy, Koffee is good.
    This will give his Chief Cache Strategist MBL a chance to plot how they are going to attack all those new and unfound caches. Her motto is "Get them ALL!" and they will.
    Good to hear such good news, I will be seeing you next week and it will be like a coming out party. Just don't make rkl wear a dress.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

flannelman Guest
    I'm so glad to hear about your adventure!! Good to see ya getting around again!!

Way to go Ron!! Pat told us the good news, while we were in Searcy on Saturday! We were so excited to hear of your progress! Keep up the good work, and I know you guys will crack that top 100 soon!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

We enjoyed seeing you Saturday in Clarksville and were impressed with how well you are getting around. Keep up the hard work! There's caches waiting! Ken and Sue

The Searcy Cachers were honored on Saturday the 27th to Welcome the KING to our lowly event.

He arrived in his chariot with his special chauffeur and walked to the pavilion with a host of his humble servants bowing before him. We were so happy to see him walking on his own again and able to visit with those of us that have been hoping and praying for his speedy recovery.

Back on the geocahing trail here in Searcy , the team RKL/MBL were able to continue their quest to be in the top 100 geocachers in the country.

They are already the King and Queen of the Arkansas Geocachers

ALL HAIL THE KING AND QUEEN.

rkl is back on the move again. He decided it was time for a break from therapy, so we got permission from the doc and headed for Mingo, Kansas to find the world's oldest existing geocache. Now those of you who have cached with us know rkl usually drives and mbl navigates. Things have changed now. mbl is doing the driving and rkl is doing the navigating with a few lessons from her along the way. First the rain hit. That didn't stop us. Then, the beautiful fall temps began to drop when we hit Tulsa and dropped 20 degrees from one side of Tulsa to the other. We kept going. Got to Wichita and did some virtuals. Now rkl is always telling mbl to quit looking at the GPS and no more caches for awhile. This time he is on the "watching the GPS" side of the fence and he kept telling her to pull over and try this one. We got to a cache in Wichita next to that CANAL that goes through town. It was gravel except for the last 100 feet or so. Should have walked that. Didn't. Thank goodness nonnipoppy talked us into stabilitack for the Tahoe or we'd have slid into that canal...or close to it. But....we got that cache....slid our way back out....and ended up in Hays after 550 miles and 13 hours traveling.

Headed to Mingo the next morning and decided to detour to Nebraska for a Nebraska cache. Did a Blue Star Memorial cache in the cold wind. Got to Mingo and when rkl started to get out of the car, we realized we had left his cane at the Nebraska cache....didn't want to drive 250 miles round trip to get it so we used hiking poles and got him out to the Mingo cache. Got a new cane back in Hays.

All in all, we have found some wonderful virtuals....lots of 1 and 1.5 terrain caches that weren't 1's or 1.5's....but we found them.........THANK YOU CHUCK WALLA FOR ENFORCING TERRAIN GUIDELINES IN ARKANSAS....saw some incredible places....beautiful vistas....several flocks of wild turkeys, one pheasant, a herd of buffalo.....no lamp post or cemetery caches.

Best scene of the trip......driving I-70 west, there were about a zillion of those huge wind turbines on the hills and in the middle of them was one teeny windmill. The past meets the future! Where is nonnipoppy and HICK's cameras when we need them????

Having a ball and we'll be back in the Ozarks today unless we get sidetracked.

cachemates Guest
    I know you have wanted to go for this cache for some time, Glad you are able to hit the road again. How is the switching roles (driving & navigating) working out for you? Ron you keep Maribeth straight.
    Sounds like you are having fun.
    Thanks for the update.

So glad you guys got that cache, we had much warmer temps when we were there in August, I think I might like the cooler temps, we also liked all the windmills, I can see why they have them, seems the wind is aways blowing on the plains.
    You both have a very safe trip..
    There are some pretty nice caches in Hays also, guess that can be another trip!!!