Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Rkl

Glad you were able to get out and find some caches. If you can get out in this weather, once it cools off a bit you'll be back at full steam!

Nothing but the best for the King RKL.
    His chariot has that fancy store bought air in it.
    You know the kind that is cool in the summer and hot in the winter.
    Us hick's just have windows that go up and down.
    It will even tell you the weather, I just have a “weather stone” that Paris1time gave me.
    If I told you the other things it can do you would think I was telling stories.
    I would never tell half-truths or out right lies, HONESTLY.

Glad to have the pleasure of the KING’s company for a little caching and riding in such a fancy chariot. I had a little trouble with that fancy chariot, but we got where we wanted to be.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Message from +1--daughter of rkl
    Imagine my surprise...when I arrived today from Dallas I was greeted by dad (aka rkl) walking unaided! No walker, no cane, no hovering mbl! He said this great accomplishment just happened this morning during rehab. He wasn't quite up to walking a mile yet, but we're all thrilled for his baby steps. He practiced walking back and forth across the living room floor many times this afternoon, and he'll be happy to show you his new trick, too.

Thanks to all of the geocaching community for your support, kind words, thoughts and prayers during his recovery and rehab. I know you all mean the world to both rkl and mbl!

WOW!!!! That is fantastic news. I knew with rkl's determination that it was just a matter of time.

Okay guys, lets start planning our next trip. Mingo here we come???

GO KING GO!
    Glad to hear such good news.
    I don't think the King will give up his scepter too soon!
    A Hick carries a stick.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

This is indeed GREAT news, he will be running down the driveway and back up in no time. Just in time for cooler weather and some serious caching.....

This news has really made my day! So glad to hear it, but we will continue to pray for a complete recovery.

I am constantly amazed at how much power he wields throughout the world.
    He gave me a call and proposed for me to join him in a feast, I graciously said yes.
    Once he hung up his phone he must have called whomever he has in charge of the weather brought Morrilton a welcome summer shower that cools everything down from 100+ degrees to the mid 80’s. It must be good to be King. Just as quickly as it started it ended just as he arrived, I don’t even think his chariot got wet, amazing.
    That was not the only thing that amazed me today, I had the privileged of seeing him walk without the aid of a cane or on of his loyal servants.
    FANTASTIC!
    During our feast we discussed many things and I could see that he is feeling much better.
    It was truly a joy and a privilege to take part in another fine feast and see him in such high spirits, yes it is good to be king.
    When he left the sun returned and it has begun to get hot again, I sure wish he would come back for an extended visit. I could use a break from the 100+ degree days. RKL and his humble chauffer I wish you both a good trip home and I am looking forward to your next visit.
    Thomas A. Edison

Update on king rkl (as AR HICK calls him--known around here as Ron):

Ron walked a half mile with his 4 am walking buddies Thursday morning...and he did it all without his hemi-walker and a lot of it without even having to grab the railing at the community center walking track. Friday morning, after getting the doc's permission, he drove himself to the little store for coffee with his buddies and will most likely do so today too. These are HUGE MILESTONES for him.

So, watch out...it's driving me nuts that there are now 1994 Arkansas geocaches we haven't found and we slipped from #103 in the United States to #131. We were trying sooo hard to have an Arkansas geocaching team in the top 100 in the US. If the weather ever cools off any, we'll we out there changing all those numbers soon.

Thats great news! We look forward to seeing you guys at the meet & greet next week in Clarksville.

I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for Ron's setback, all those ParkCaches would've been found even quicker!

Tim