Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rkl

cachemates Guest
    OH NO! Those nurses are going to have you so spoiled we will never get you straightened out. They better get ready for some overtime, cause if they get you out caching no telling what time you will let them go. I can just hear you now, I don't want to go back just yet, there is another cache at .14 We have to get just one more.
    Ron, be easy on them remember they are new at this! They can't hold out as long as you.
    It is good that you have such great service (nurses) there that will do that for you. You are doing good Ron. Keep it up!
    Sounds like mbl can retire her whip now!

Dentful1 Guest
    It is good to hear that you are doing so well. Apart from the Stroke I believe there are other issues that you must address.
    It sounds to me that you have an ADDICTION!!! Perhaps the Rehab Unit will also take the time to bring you down from your "Geocaching High."

"Hello my name is Ron AKA rkl and I am an addict"

Or we can look at this ADDICTION as a good thing. Just like to junkies that smoke grass say it helps with the pain.

Keep doing whatever it takes to get you back on the trail.

Sending prayers for you,
    Dentful1

Quote Originally Posted by rklmbl
    I found the ultimate way to go geocaching today. One of my therapists had been talking about geocaching, so yesterday we gave her a brief overview. Then mbl brought the GPS in today for us to find rkl's r and r cache here at the hospital. So, while one of the nurses pushed me in a wheelchair to the cache site, the therapist carried the GPS to find the geocache. She parked me in the shade of the arbor. After finding the geocache, they brought refreshments out to me on the patio area and I had mbl bring the computer to catch up with correspondence. No briars, no thorns, no mud, no ticks, no mosquitos....just a pleasant afternoon watching the world go by. The therapist says the next step is to see how we can get me loaded into a vehicle to go for a drive. We may say we are going to go see my brother but we may find a geocache on the way if we can find one around here we haven't found yet.

Again, thanks for all your expressions of hope and well wishes.
    I am in awe! I hope they don't charge a geocaching fee on the bill. Glad to hear your feeling better.

Carla and I went by to see Ron this evening. He seemed to be doing very well considering all he's been through. We visited and talked geocaching (what else ) for a half hour or so. We claimed the cache out front as our 1500th find which we will always remember.

Rich
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

This was part of a log from rkl R and R

Had a nice visit with RKL, it was so good to see you, seems he had about 3 females serving him when we were there, he might just stay there seeing he has all the ladies waiting on him [] But we hope you are back on the geo-trail before long. We will check in on you again soon..Thanks for the cache

CFD29
    I knew it wouldn't be long before he would be running the place. I also heard he has developed a taste for grapes, Emperor RON are you wearing a TOGA?

Don't let mbl get jealous or she might get you throwed out on your ear.
    Best wishes we are thinking about you.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

I left the rehab for a few minutes yesterday with the assistance of the therapists plus Maribeth. We went to see my brother, James. We first tried to get into the white pickup without success. Then Maribeth borrowed our niece's Yukon and we were able to complete the mission. Made me extremely tired but it was fun to escape for a few minutes.

Later on we enjoyed a visit with CFD29 and the Griswolds. Thanks again to all of you that take time to check in with us.

Ron

It's official. rklmbl are everywhere! I got my copy of the 2008-09 Arkansas Fishing & Outdoors Guide in the mail today and after being all excited about geocaching being mentioned look who I find. I'm going to save it and have it autographed .

GeoJeepers Guest
    Well now isnt' that something . We'll have to get one of those and see if we can manage to get an autograph or two.

Hey Ron, I was looking at the caption below the picture and I'm wondering......what the heck is a "retiree"? Does that mean professional cacher or something?

+1 made another trip to Clarksville this weekend so I am happy to have her around until Monday. It's a quarter to three and I am still waiting on my therapist to come take these electrodes off and let me show KK how I can walk and then load me up so she can drive me out to the farm to see how the hay harvest is coming along. poppy came by early this morning to visit. And that's all the news from Room 404 of the Johnson Regional Medical Center Rehab Unit for today.

Ron

P.S. I WILL autograph all pictures at no charge to geocachers. All others will have to pay a small fee.

I had the chance yesterday to go and see Ron and Maribeth. I also had the privilege of introducing a good friend and new cacher to them also. It was great not only to help my friend get started geocaching but to introduce him to a couple of great people.

It looks like that between Maribeth, KK, and the hospital Ron is in great hands.

When we left it appeared they might be taking a trip to the farm to see some of the hay being put up.

We will continue to pray for rklmbl and look forward to seeing them again soon.