Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rkl

I had not been on this site until today, I saw the new cache go up and was wondering what was going on.
    You guys are in our prayers and if there is anything you need done around here, you know you can call us.
    Get well soon RKL..

Team_Pink Guest
    Dog gone it Ron! I know you are too honery to keep down for long so I am looking forward to seeing you soon at an event sometime soon. You dig in there and work hard and I'll arm wrestle you when you're ready! Wait, my wife will arm wrestle you, I'll take Maribeth out on a cache run!

I was lucky enough to make the drive to visit my friend today.
    I have a bit of bad news to everyone in our community.
    I was there when the Therapist gave RKL the results of his test. They have been testing his abilities to find out what he needs to work on during his rehab.
    The Therapist told Ron that he would never play the violin again, Ron was heartbroken.
    Of course he couldn’t play it before either.
    Ron is in good sprits Maribeth is trying to keep him in line. He is in good hands.
    Just as always it was good to spend time with the both of you and a speedy recovery to my friend.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Sorry to hear about the setback, but I know you will jump back in with both feet. I will try to get down there to say Hi.........AFTER I find the cache out front!!!!!!!! LOL

MBL, keep whacking him with his hiking stick to keep him doing his re-hab.

Mike

I paid rkl a visit on Saturday. Here's an excerpt from my log from the new cache mbl and +1 hid outside the hospital:

I spent a good while with rkl, mbl, and +1. Rkl's first question to me when I came into the room was, "Have you found the new cache yet?" When I told him "No", he said "What kind of cacher are you???" Well, let's just say, one that's happy to see that his good friend still has his sense of humor and is able poke fun at others!
    Ron was in great spirits and very alert, and we talked geocaching for a long time. When the nurse came in and asked if he needed anything to drink, he replied, "Yes, bring me a Pabst Blue Ribbon." I have a feeling Ron is already on the road to recovery and he may be taking the fast lane! Our prayers are with you, Ron, Maribeth, and KK! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

When the Racquetball Girl & I first started this Geo thing, we saw RKLMBL everywhere and wondered, "Who is that?" We have since learned what great friends you are and how much you have influenced this fun activity in the area. We are praying for your fast recovery so you can get back on the trail of finding those caches. We want to see more RKLMBL smilies in the very near future. Ken & Sue (Nukeworkers)

cachecrazies Guest
    Oh my gosh! We have been so out of touch! We had a lightening strike on the house and lost phones, internet and satellite - talk about primitive!

And it's horrible to check into geocaching the first time we're back online and find that Ron has been ill!

Knowing Ron - at this point he's doing terrific and the nurses are plotting ways to get him to check out! Naw - they probably love him and baby him something awful! There's nothing in this world that rklmbl can't overcome! And there's no one in the world that more people are thinking about, praying for and caring about than them!

All our thoughts and prayers are with you. And anything we can physically help with please let us know!

Bob and Linda

I teamed up with AR-HICK yesterday and we headed to Clarksville to visit Ron and Maribeth. I could tell a considerable improvement in Ron's color and attention span. He appeared much more alert than at my last visit. He was joking and talking the way he normally does and it lifted my spirits just seeing the improvement. He still has a long way to go, but knowing Ron's determination to get back on the caching trail, I believe he is heading in the right direction now.

They now have Internet service at the hospital and I know they love to receive email. The email address is rklmbl@gmail.com and I'm sure they would love to hear from everyone.

Many thanks to everyone for their calls, cards, and visits. It means the world to mbl and myself. We have been amazed that geocachers have come from so many places to visit. I have also enjoyed the POEM that Mr. CacheMates wrote and mbl has printed it and placed in on the bulletin board to entertain me and nosy visitors. I thought this was to be a day of rest but part of the Catch-22 group showed up and since Diana is a therapist, she put me through my paces and made me work. Ready to start my second week of therapy. Ron

I found the ultimate way to go geocaching today. One of my therapists had been talking about geocaching, so yesterday we gave her a brief overview. Then mbl brought the GPS in today for us to find rkl's r and r cache here at the hospital. So, while one of the nurses pushed me in a wheelchair to the cache site, the therapist carried the GPS to find the geocache. She parked me in the shade of the arbor. After finding the geocache, they brought refreshments out to me on the patio area and I had mbl bring the computer to catch up with correspondence. No briars, no thorns, no mud, no ticks, no mosquitos....just a pleasant afternoon watching the world go by. The therapist says the next step is to see how we can get me loaded into a vehicle to go for a drive. We may say we are going to go see my brother but we may find a geocache on the way if we can find one around here we haven't found yet.

Again, thanks for all your expressions of hope and well wishes.