Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rkl

What a difference a week makes.
    I was invited to a Pizza Party on the behalf of Emperor Ron.
    It was a joyous occasion, Pizza one of my favorite foods was served to all (rklmbl and myself) and desert was cookies and chocolates from the far corners of his Empire. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we even talked of getting an apartment at this luxurious palace.
    It was good to spend time visiting with the Emperor and talking with him on his throne.
    One of his humble servants even bestowed upon me a gift, a cache container with his blessing.

Glad to see you are doing so well and I hope the next I visit you are twice as improved as today.
    Speedy recovery and keep up the hard work.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Okay now, Mike, I always heard that the Emporer needed new clothes? Would this be the case in Clarksville?

cachemates Guest
    We finally got a chance to go see rkl this morning. When we got there he was in the Weight Room Pumping Iron! Maribeth was getting out of her Tahoe just as we got there.
    Les, Hunting4Cache got there just a few minutes later and then KK +1 arrived shortly after that. She had drove in from Dallas.
    Just as AR-HICK has said rkl had the Ladies hopping around him all day.
    I was glad to see that he has improved greatly and he has set a goal of getting to go "Home" next week. He is working hard for that and we are cheering him on.
    They had him doing some sort of exercise, I called it over the rainbow but I think rkl wanted to play spin the bottle instead, Oh Yea, He is still the same happy smiling and polite guy that we all know after all he has been through.
    We were encouraged with the progress that Ron has made and with his determination to get better and go home I know he will make even more improvements in the future.
    Maribeth and KK still carry a whip and crack it every once in a while just as a reminder of who is boss.
    Remember Ron, There is no place like home!

I stopped by the Clarksville hospital last night around 8 PM to pay Ron a visit. He was asleep and I didn't want to disturb him, so I left a short note. He sent me an email this morning to let me know he would be going home this coming Thursday! YIPPEE! Another milestone on the road to recovery! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

It looks like the emperor is about to be dethroned. No party, none of the pomp and circumstance the nurses were not dropping grapes into his mouth. I went for a visit today and RKL is well, maybe a little too much. I must worry about his mental state in these days. All of the attention has caused him to become delirious and I think it is affecting MBL too.

He now has a pet not your average pet; it is a FLYING DOG as rkl calls him “Seemore” is a bird dog! Yes, his dog’s name is Seemore. Oh that is not the worst part his dog is invisible it is quite a site to rkl going down the hall with Seemore. Sometimes it is above his head and other times it is on the ground.
    You ask how can I see an invisible bird dog walking or flying?
    He has it on a leash! A blue leash and has been sporting his new friend everywhere all day. He even showed Seemore to his cousin who wears pantyhose for socks. This is when I knew the apples didn’t fall very far from the tree in the Lasiter family.

I asked the nurses if this was normal behavior and they were sure of rkl’s mental state had no doubts of him thinking he had an invisible bird dog before the stroke. He has even convinced mbl of his pet and she even brings him snacks and water. I am afraid they are both on track for another wing in the hospital, you know the one with the really soft walls. I am just hoping it is some of the medication causing him to act like this. If not you may not want to go caching with him cause, he might find caches that only he can see.

How would you sign the log sheet? With your invisible pen of course.

I was glad to visit, but I would not advise you to stay too long whatever is going around up there may be contagious. The next time I see them I hope it is in Harmony the community, not the mental state.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Well, the sad news is that we had to put Seemore down. He was making too much trouble for the rest of the inmates. I guess that's ok since I'd have to leave him Thursday and head home.

Again, thanks to everyone for your kind words, prayers, thoughts, visits, offers of assistance, etc. I have never met a group of people that is more generous than Arkansas geocachers.

See ya on the trails. Sooner than later, I hope. And, by the way, we made our hotel reservations for Geowoodstock VII this morning.

Ron

Well the Emperor has been dethroned. MBL now has a slave. If I could do those fancy graphics I would show her cracking the whip across his back. He has more stripes than a steak from Sizzl’in.
    Seemore was not allowed to ride home with them per MBL, and was turned loose. He is probably on his way to the rklmbl top secret training hideout located in Harmony. He does have a pretty good nose and I think he will be able to point rkl out, of course only rkl will see him doing that.

RKL's R and R is over, well not the cache anyway. It is all work and no play for rkl now.

MBL wants to go caching refuses to go until the team is ready. She doesn’t want to get accused of running the numbers. With her training they are on the road to BIG numbers very soon.

I was glad to see rkl walking under a full head of steam. I am amazed I have watched his recovery from week to week it has been a pleasant surprise each week. I should have known to expect GREAT things from such GREAT people. Both of you keep up the hard work and I am planning a cache adventure real soon! I am having trouble deciding what terrain to locate it at? 1 or 5
    I don’t think either will be a problem very long.

Ar-Hick
    Thomas A. Edison

I talked to Maribeth(mbl) today and she told me that Ron is back in the hospital. He has an extremely bad kidney infection and is currently on some very powerful antibiotics. My continued thoughts and prayers go out to him, Maribeth, and his family for a full and speedy recovery.

Team_Pink Guest
    You guys hang in there. A little set back once in a while is a character builder!

Here's hoping you a speedy recovery!

We are so sorry to hear of your setback. I had my second emergency surgery in 9 months on June 2nd, so I know how frustrated you can get being repeatedly in the hospital. I feel like I go one step forward and 2 steps back. We will pray that this is the only setback you have and that you can get out finding caches very soon. We hope to see you soon and have picked up a copy of the AR Fishing and Outdoors guide for you to sign. Best Regards, Nukeworker and Raquetball Girl