Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rkl

Awesome. Glad to hear you guys are out and about and finding them caches again!!

Sounds like a great trip and lots of fun. I'm glad you two were able to get out and go on a caching adventure again. How many did you all end up finding and was any one more memorable than the others?

We found 63 total...44 in Kansas; 1 in Nebraska; 13 in Missouri, and 5 in Oklahoma. That's really not a lot for us on a road trip but considering that we drove 1700 miles and mbl nixed quite a few after we got to the area and found she had to wade mud and water to get to them. We also DNF'd more than our usual share. Lots of rain in Kansas the day we went and the few days before. 20 of those were virtuals and it would be hard to pick out which was the best of the lot. Saw a beautiful cathedral on the plains built by early pioneers. Visited the Eisenhower museum in Abilene...a great place, by the way. Lots of cattle trail drive history. We did Missouri's oldest geocache too. And we only pulled 1 and 1.5 terrain in our PQs...but a lot of those were NOT 1 or 1.5 terrains. We were hoping rkl could do most caches with mbl but the terrain on many of them was higher than what we consider a 1 or 1.5 in Arkansas. Hope that answered your questions, jclaudi.

Yep, I just like hearing stories of finds, especially when it's on a 1700 mile journey. Hopefully we'll get to do something like that someday.

Glad you guys enjoyed my home state! Reading your post made me a little homesick. I can't wait for my trip up there in December. I will be grabbing some caches there as well.
    It is really good to hear that rkl is well enough to travel! Thanks for the post!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!