Thread: Most Found Cache in Arkansas?

addisonbr Guest

Most Found Cache in Arkansas?

Hi Folks,

I'm active in the New York geocaching community, and just for kicks I've started working on a bookmark list of the caches with the most finds in each state. (I'm restricting myself to caches with a physical container - no virtuals, locationless, etc., although I may include a couple of extremely prolific examples for comparison purposes.) I've been doing much of the research by hand, but I thought that if anyone would know where my research efforts have failed it would be active local cachers in different communities.

So I'm here because I'm a little confused by what I've turned up for Arkansas. The best I've been able to do for a regular cache is CAA / I-30 Rest Area and Travel Bug Exchange with 492 finds. I also found this - The Logging Cache Part Deux with an astonishing 1625 finds. But it looks like that cache is collecting the logs for about 9 other caches. I may include it for novelty's sake, but it doesn't seem like it's the same kind of cache as most.

One way or another, does anyone know if I can do better?

Thanks very much,
    addisonbr
    New York Metro Geocaching Society

I think you'll find that the Logging Cache in Clarksville is primarily used for logging the temporary caches at the annual "Clarksville or Cacheville" event that has been held ever spring for the past 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA534
    I think you'll find that the Logging Cache in Clarksville is primarily used for logging the temporary caches at the annual "Clarksville or Cacheville" event that has been held ever spring for the past 6 years.
    Because of the use of this cache for logging temporary event caches, I would not list it in your bookmark.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

addisonbr Guest
    Excellent, thanks for the heads up. I may include it as a footnote or something, but not as the featured Arkansas cache.

addisonbr Guest
    Here's the first draft... Subject to amendment of course.

Most Found Caches by State and Country

There's also a link in the bookmark to some oddball stats you may or may not find interesting...

Thanks a bunch for the help.

Cheers,
    addisonbr

Neat! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen