Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Ouachita State Park CITO Event Needs Help

Lake Ouachita State Park CITO Event Needs Help

ArkGeo received this email (text below) a short while ago and I thought I would post it to see if anyone was interested in helping out. I've invited them to check out our forum and get involved in the discussion.

"Hi guys! I just received my weekly groundspeak newsletter and saw the event you have planned for Lake Catherine State Park. Well, I am the park interpreter at Lake Ouachita State Park and am interested in becoming more involved with your association. I must admit, I'm still somewhat of a neocacher, but would like to change that

I'm actually going to try to put on a CITO event on National Trails Day here at the park. It is on June 7th. Do you think anyone within your organization would be interested in helping me put on this event? Or maybe offering some guidance and insight into making it successful?"
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

That's great. Lake Ouachita State Park is a fantastic park. I'll be glad to help out any way that I can.

If it is posted I will come .
    Unless it is the same day of the Ozark National Forest CITO .
    I have promised to attend it .
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

cachemates Guest
    We will be there if possible. We had a great time at the last one.

flannelman Guest
    I'm wondering if the person who hosted the last one is still at the state park? She did a great job up there last year!! I'll help out if possible but with work on the weekends I don't do much else than work and sleep from Friday eveninging till Monday afternoon. Let me know how I can help and I'll try my best. This is right in my neck of the woods so I should be able to do something.

I live even closer than flannelman. In fact, I am probably the closest to the dot here. I would love to help out! I will be gone the weekend before, but I would be willing to come out during the week before ,to get things in order there. Let me know how I can help! This was a great event last year, and I would love to see an annual gathering here!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

Team Panda Guest
    The host last year was "polijn" and according to GC, she hasn't logged on since June of 2007. Dunno what happened to her but she was a lot of fun and put on a great event, hope she's well where ever she is.

Anyway, yeah. Count me in. Let me know what the pandas can do!

ouachita Guest

Volunteers?

Thanks to all those interested in our event. If you are willing to assist me with organizing it, PLEASE give me a call or drop me a line. I can use all the help I can get on this one! My name is Susan and my number is 501-767-8148 or you can email me at susan.tigert@arkansas.gov
    Looking forward to a great event and meeting all of you fellow cachers!

Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    I wanted to mention that last years host "polijn" (Ashley) sadly passed away this past spring due to an unknown heart condition discovered after the birth of her daughter. The baby is doing fine and I thought it would be nice if everyone kept the family in their prayers.
    I just about fell out of my chair when I read the sad news. I never met her, but I will remember her and her family in my prayers.

Thanks for letting us know.