Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Caches: How Can We Get MORE of Them?

RuffRidr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    And now for a group challenge:

I challenge every member of ArkGeo to place just ONE new cache by Thursday, September 9th, 2004. That gives you a full week. Who's up for it?
    I like the challenge! I'm not sure if I can make it in the allotted time, tho. I'll be out next week which leaves me with only this weekend. I think the wife already has a large portion of that planned out for me already. I'll try to get one out tho!

--RuffRidr

Phantom_491 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    Yeesh! You had to bring this up in public, didn't ya? Well, if it's gonna be that way, I'll ACCEPT your challenge! Look for even MORE new Conway caches coming soon...

And now for a group challenge:

I challenge every member of ArkGeo to place just ONE new cache by Thursday, September 9th, 2004. That gives you a full week. Who's up for it?
    Are there any stipulations (ie: Regular, Micro, etc)? Or is Any type of cache good?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_491
    Are there any stipulations (ie: Regular, Micro, etc)? Or is Any type of cache good?
    Any type will do.

While we're on the subject, I still subscribe to the notion that "any cache is a good cache". Of course, just like Geezer said earlier in this thread, I'd much rather find a quality cache than a lame one. I hope this challenge doesn't make anyone put a piece of paper in a ziploc bag, stuff it into an old tennis shoe, and chunk it out the window of their car, just to meet the challenge... Just like mom used to say, "Anything worth doing is worth doing well". I'm continuing to learn that lesson the hard way on a daily basis.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

LadyEngineer Guest

I'm in.

I'm up to the challenge.

BTW: If you curious which areas really need help. I've been doing some research and as of today the following is the number of caches in each county of Arkansas. Yeap all 75 of them. Yes I know. I'm a cache-aholic and I have a problem. :lol:

County Number of Geocaches Region
    Arkansas 1 SE
    Ashley 0 SE
    Baxter 26 NE
    Benton 28 NW
    Boone 3 NW
    Bradley 0 SE
    Calhoun 0 SW
    Carroll 8 NW
    Chicot 1 SE
    Clark 3 SW
    Clay 7 NE
    Cleburne 8 C
    Cleveland 2 SE
    Columbia 0 SW
    Conway 8 C
    Craighead 4 NE
    Crawford 10 NW
    Crittenden 18 NE
    Cross 0 NE
    Dallas 1 SW
    Desha 1 SE
    Drew 0 SE
    Faulkner 22 C
    Franklin 39 NW
    Fulton 2 NE
    Garland 17 SW
    Grant 1 SE
    Greene 5 NE
    Hempstead 3 SW
    Hot Spring 2 SW
    Howard 0 SW
    Independence 1 NE
    Izard 1 NE
    Jackson 2 NE
    Jefferson 0 SE
    Johnson 68 NW
    Lafayette 0 SW
    Lawrence 4 NE
    Lee 4 NE
    Lincoln 1 SE
    Little River 1 SW
    Logan 27 NW
    Lonoke 11 C
    Madison 3 NW
    Marion 12 NW
    Miller 5 SW
    Mississippi 2 NE
    Monroe 0 NE
    Montgomery 12 SW
    Nevada 1 SW
    Newton 11 NW
    Ouachita 1 SW
    Perry 8 C
    Phillips 0 NE
    Pike 11 SW
    Poinsett 0 NE
    Polk 2 SW
    Pope 59 C
    Prairie 1 C
    Pulaski 50 C
    Randolph 14 NE
    Saline 16 C
    Scott 7 NW
    Searcy 8 NW
    Sebastian 23 NW
    Sevier 1 SW
    Sharp 6 NE
    St. Francis 2 NE
    Stone 4 NE
    Union 3 SW
    Van Buren 7 C
    Washington 22 NW
    White 21 C
    Woodruff 0 C
    Yell 16 C
    Total 668

As of 9/2/04

There are 678 hidden caches in AR and this is which county each one is in except for 10 but I've counted and recounted and can not find where those 10.

# Co. # Caches
    NW 14 269 40%
    NE 20 102 15%
    SW 18 63 9%
    SE 10 7 1%
    C 13 227 33%
    75 668 99%

So as Geezer said there are many places we could hide new ones in. If your considering Gaddiel's challenge.

I'm up for the challenge and I'll try to do one in each state.OK and AR woo yaaa.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Gaddiel, I have been doing some preliminary work on a new series of caches in the Searcy area, but I know that I will not be able to have them out by Thursday. However, I have also been looking at a location for a micro about 10 miles north of Searcy. I believe that I will be able to get that one by the first of the week, so I will accept your challenge and hope that other ArkGeo members will do the same.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Nice challenge here guys. I must decline to participate for several reasons but IF there was to be a cache event in Clarksville next January nonnipoppy and Golfnutz would both add another 10-20 caches to the Johnson County total.

Phantom_491 Guest

I'm in!

I don't know if I can get 2 out (1 for me & 1 for my son Squirrel 21309) but we'll try!

Cache this!!!

Just approved in Conway area:

Don't Get Stumped
    Final Exam

More to come soon...
    View my profile

Thanks, LadyEngineer and Geezer_Veazey for spotting an error in the coordinates for "Don't Get Stumped"!!! Hope to have it back up soon... Guess I need to take my own advice about "if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well", huh?

Edit: Boy, Tenn Geocacher is on the ball! This problem was solved in less than 30 minutes! "Don't Get Stumped" is ready to roll...
    View my profile