Thread: NANO IN THE WOODS !

mountainborn Guest

NANO IN THE WOODS !

Only the very evilist of intentioned geocachers would place a nano cache in the woods.
    Butcherknife and I had paused briefly for a cool drink in the breezeway of the RKLMBL abode. Busy chatting amiably with our hosts, I must have missed the plotting stage of the episode that was about to unflurl before my very eyes.
    I still didn't catch on when Ron said to Betty, "would you mind babysitting Maribeth for a few minutes ? Mike needs to catch a cache while I have a key to the gate. Larry hasn't got it yet either, and this may be the only time the gate may be open for a long while."
    Now, I wasn't paying much attention because I was amongst friends, or so I thought. Little did I suspect that there were two evil geocachers plotting to put a South Arkansas Hillbilly in over his head at a geocache that would be burned into his memory for ever !
    As we arrived at MIKE'S CACHE, my inferior Magellan Gold was off by eighteen feet. Evil cacher #2, AR HICK, was right on the money.
    As we were enroute to Mike's cache, we passed a cache site that was mentioned casually as handy to the road with almost no walking, a simple park and grab. Later it turned out to be the location of the nano in the woods.
    On the way back past that cache, we noted two soon to be married cachers at that site looking for the cache.
    Evil cacher #1 said "should we stop and help them ? " Evil cacher #2 said, "yeh."
    Even then, I didn't catch on that putting me in a situation where I would be looking for a NANO in the WOODS, was their underlying evil intent !
    With two fellow cachers in full search mode and in need of assistance, I stepped from the pickup truck with my trusty but dated Magelllan Gold in my hand. Even at this point the two grinning evil cachers, who had stayed sitting in the truck, had not mentioned that it was a nano cache.
    Team golfnuts was searching dilligently while muttering about "why any one would place a nano cache in the woods". I thought to myself, what did they say ?
    Then it dawned on me. NANO IN THE WOODS.
    HOLEY SCHIZZLE ! Looking around quickly to protest to my companions that were still sitting in the truck grinning widely, I couldn't help but grin back at the mischiveous plotters !
    So there I was. Cast into a unfolding geo drama. Two of the best cachers around, were there, searching dilligently though un successfully, and I had been sent to help, me, a hillbilly with defective equipment.
    I took a deep breath, squared my shoulders up towards the cache area, and waded on in, with the chortle's and snickers of EVIL CACHER #1 and EVIL CACHER #2, still ringing in my ears. . . . . . . . . . .
    Ain't geocaching such a good game, especially when shared with friends !
    >
    CLARKSVILLE OR CACHEVILLE, you be the judge. What a great gathering of friends.

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

Buddha
    Mountainborn just something to think about
    Ain't Caching Fun

AR-HICK
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison