Thread: Caddo River

cachemates Guest

Caddo River

This was taken this morning about 7:30.Low Water Bridge cache is under water.

flannelman Guest
    WOW!!! That is a lot of water. It is gonna be bad in the eastern part of the state too . They were already in bad shape but this will just make it worse. There will be lots of oppertunities for CITO events.

Anyone want to go floating?? Would be a fast trip. Wonder if the caches are under water??

Dentful1 Guest
    The river crested at about 5 am with a height of 17.25 feet (approx). Remember the flood stage is at 8 feet. During our Glenwood Event the river was around 7 feet. I think I need to check on some caches this time. They may all be around Lake Degray. Oh well, Lake Degray needed some new caches for us to find.

Cachemates might remember the stats for the Flood of 1990? I am thinking it was around 25 feet or so because there were logs ON, that's right, ON the bridge you see there. Wrights Food Center flooded along with the Cattlemans Livestock Sale Barn back then.

Dentful1 Guest
    After doing some research I found out that March 8th of 1990 the water level was at 21.18 feet. Wait there is more, lets look at December 3rd of 1993. That is when Wrights Food Center and the Sale Barn flooded with a recent record of 26.27 feet.
    The pictures are a great example of what is going on here in Glenwood but this is one of those scenes that you need a panoramic view picture or just come see for yourself.

I guess this wouldn't be a good weekend to go after those caches at the marina, huh....

RugerPilot345 Guest
    That is great news, NOT, ha ha, maybe I can find your lost cache containers in Arkadelphia at Degray and they can replace the ones I lost on the Ouachita River.....it is out of it's banks and mine are surely all gone too....bummer!!

RP345

Check out this "event" GC19X25