Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarksville Corps of Engineers Campground

There's also the Horsehead Lake Campground, northwest of Clarksville, near Harmony. It's a national forest campground, and I think it's a little more rustic than Piney Bay, but it's a beautiful place. Also, you will not have the noise of the railroad line right next to the campground that you would have at Spadra. Coming from the west on I-40, take the Coal Hill exit (Exit 47) and go north on Hwy 164. This would be a good launching point for all the caches in the Harmony area and then on down into Cacheville. Also, it would put you closer to the location of the breakfast event that rklmbl are hosting on the Sunday morning after the Cacheville event. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

It's nice to see this discussion. Though Sprada may be closer, the convenience of reservation and site information (recreation.gov), plus no railroad noise may drive me to try Piney Bay. There are no shore sites left, but almost all the sites in the "G" area are available. Those sites are paved and level. Awaiting the okay from the "entertainment director," but this may be our resting place for the event..[/img]