Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 60CSX

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider1
    Sometimes when I turn on my 60csx the maps do not load and I have to restart it a couple of times. I thought maybe the sd card was not seated but that does not seem to be the problem. Any Ideas?
    It is most likely a problem with the SD card. Have you tried reformatting it?

To narrow the problem down a bit, try a different SD card. Also, you could try your SD card on a different GPSr and see if the maps load on that one.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

bmwrider1 Guest
    It seems as if the card came unseated. Just took it out and back again seemed to make it work. Thanks

I recently bought a 2 gig card for my 60csx and I noticed it was really hard to seat into place. It didn't snap into place or anything. Oh well, its working and I shouldn't have to take it out again.

Is there anything else you can store on the card other than maps?

DEEZER Guest
    I just recently purchase the 60csx with US topo 2008 from REI.com. $348 total including shipping. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between topo & city navigator? The topo has all the city streets. Do you get turn by turn navigating with city navigator? I've tried using auto routing a couple of times, but it just highlights the interstate. You're on your own getting to the interstate.

Also, has anybody tried the 60csx poi macro from the GSAK forums?

I don't have topo but yes, you do get turn by turn routing with the city navigator.

While we are on the subject of the 60csx, does anyone know how to NOT show all the services on the map page of the gps screen?? When in a larger city you cant see the caches for all the service stations and stores. There must be a way

Quote Originally Posted by DEEZER
    I just recently purchase the 60csx with US topo 2008 from REI.com. $348 total including shipping. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between topo & city navigator? The topo has all the city streets. Do you get turn by turn navigating with city navigator? I've tried using auto routing a couple of times, but it just highlights the interstate. You're on your own getting to the interstate.

Also, has anybody tried the 60csx poi macro from the GSAK forums?
    I use both Topo and City Navigator with my eTrex Vista Cx. I would assume that it works the same as for the 60csx. Although Topo has many streets and roads, it is not as detailed. Also, you cannot locate specific addresses with Topo, which you can do with City Navigator. And that comes in very handy sometimes!

If you use autorouting with Topo maps loaded, you will get weird results, as it will try to take you on major roads the whole way. For example, when I was driving to the Conway County Event on Saturday morning, although I knew the way, I decided to see what auto-routing with Topo would come up with. Well, coming from Russellville, it wanted me to continue on I-40 to Conway, take Rt. 65 north, and then turn west somewhere along the way! Definitely not the short route! However, if I use City Navigator, auto-routing works great and the displayed route seems logical.

For the maps, I use 2 micro SD cards: one 2 GB card with City Navigator maps for the entire lower 48 states on it and one 64 MB card with topo maps for all of Arkansas, most of Mississippi, and the northern half of Louisiana. If I travel somewhere else, I will reprogram the 64 MB card with maps of the area I am going to. Then I swap cards depending on what I'm doing and what the area is like. I prefer the topo maps for geocaching, but I will use the City Navigator maps if I'm in an unfamiliar area.

Old River Runner
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

B62GTAWK Guest
    While we are on the subject of the 60csx, does anyone know how to NOT show all the services on the map page of the gps screen?? When in a larger city you cant see the caches for all the service stations and stores. There must be a way
    I can't say I have ever had that problem. Seems like there may be a setting that needs to be turned off. Someone with more brains can probably tell you more specific.

HikerRon Guest
    i'm a new 60CSX user, but you mighy try this:
    MAIN menu> Setup>Map>Detail
    i have mine set to 'normal'.

OK I will try that, it is very frustrating in a larger city, the screen is all cluttered with stores and service stations..
    Thanks