Thread: 2nd Annual Burns Park Cache Bash

cupstack Guest

2nd Annual Burns Park Cache Bash

The 2nd Annual Burns Park Cache Bash will be held April 26, 2008 at N 34° 48.116 W 092° 18.145 (Pavilion #10). The pavilion is reserved from 10am-4pm and most activities will take place from 11am-2pm.

Link to this year's event page -> GC19XYA

Link to last year's event page -> GC11EBH.

If you want to help with this event, please contact cupstack.

lacey38655 Guest
    Sniperchicken and myself are making plans to attend.

lacey38655 Guest
    Can you camp at Burns Park and if so, could you provide some information on who I need to call to arrange to stay overnight?

I know Burns Park has a campground for RVs and such, but I'm not sure about tent camping or how expensive it is. We took our Boy Scout Troop there for caching in the fall and we stayed at Maumelle Park which is a corps park and very nice. It wasn't too much of a drive from Burns Park.

Cupstack the organizer of this event is the Recreational Program Supervisor for the North Little Rock Parks so I suggest you contact him about the camping facilities available.

I'm sure you should be able to contact him through either the North Little rock Parks department or through his geocaching.com profile page.

cupstack Guest
    For rates and availability of camping / RVing at Burns Park:

501-771-0702

SniperChicken Guest
    Thanks for all the help and the info guys. We are excited about the event and have heard good comments on the caches of the area. We have 3 or 4 other cachers who are interested in coming over to the Event and caching in Burns Park with us.

SniperChicken Guest
    We came in Friday night and set up the tent in the RV park. The mosquitos were plentiful but we still had a blast camping and caching in the park .Saturday morning we set out to check out the playgrounds and to try out some of the trails. It had rained last night and that yellow trail was MUDDY!! But we kept caching until it was time to head back to camp and clean up for the event. We had a splendid time meeting and chatting with folks at the event.There were several cachers i didn't get to talk to but hopefully we will get the chance again. We will definitely try and make the event next year as well! Thanks to all for the hard work and preparations.Well Done!

Ronbo Guest
    We came in on Friday night and checked in to the Red Roof Inn. No camping for us. Cupstack did a real good job hosting this event. MamaJo , Thundergod, Akuta and I had a wonderful time. Finally got to meet woodwalker and BPJ. We got rained on all the way home on Sunday. Looking forward to next year. Thanks again for all your hard work on the event Cupstack.