Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SugarLoaf Summit GCNEMT

I went around the backside and found an easy way up there was no scaleing clifts but I did use 3 liters of water in the middle of the summer. LOL.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

redink Guest
    Well it did not take years or even month's for the trackable to get moved from the summit of SugarLoaf Mountain,just 51 days. I personally thought they would be found way before that. Also I believe that leaving the coins and jeeps there enticed the people to go after the cache.I am proud to have my personal coin stay in this cache,and I am also proud of HROF and Bike and his team for doing this trek and getting the trackable spread around our area. I also noticed from his log that he left his personal coin in the cache as well. How long it will stay there? Who knows,
    but someone is missing a great adventure if they do not go for them.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Let me add my congratulations to HROF and B on making this find. There's no doubt about it. This is a great cache to seek for those ABLE AND WILLING to go for it. My kudos to HROF and B for retrieving the TBs from this cache that had only been found once by a party of 4 over the last 995 days before his visit. I'm proud of my small part in raising the awareness that most TB owners do not like to have their TBs left in caches so seldom visited.

HROF & B... you da man!

redink Guest
    Since Chris has raised the question about statisics I'll go ahead and jump in. I own(ed) 18 trackables out of the 18, six are unaccounted for or about
    34% not a good ratio. Most of mine were put in fairly easy caches as I
    was just getting started in geocaching,I've since learned to believe the more difficult the cache,the better care they receive.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redink
    ...I've since learned to believe the more difficult the cache,the better care they receive.
    You make a good point. An easy, muggle prone cache is not a good place for a trackable. But I still find it difficult to believe that very many owners would want their trackable dropped in a cache that hadn't been visited in the last 944 days.

redink Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    ...I've since learned to believe the more difficult the cache,the better care they receive.
    You make a good point. An easy, muggle prone cache is not a good place for a trackable. But I still find it difficult to believe that very many owners would want their trackable dropped in a cache that hadn't been visited in the last 944 days.
    But if the cache had trackable dropped there,
    would that not entice some to go after them? I think it does. It has now been visited more the last two months tha the previous three years.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    But if the cache had trackable dropped there,
    would that not entice some to go after them?
    Possibly. But the most recent finder did not take either of the trackables or even 'discover' them. Hmmmm...

redink Guest
    Hmmmm, If they are still there in the late fall or early winter ,after the asps and adders are gone, (I despise those critters) I'll be glad to go
    retrieve them,Geezer you are more than welcome to join up with me,also I can probably get a few others to accompany us, the journey is not that bad at all, I'll be gald to furnish the fuel and transportation. I will be happy to work around your schedule. Thanks in advance: Red Ink