Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SugarLoaf Summit GCNEMT

redink Guest

SugarLoaf Summit GCNEMT

The team of OEnavigator,Cacheslayer, Cardinal and myself found this cache on 3-1-08,it's been nearly three years since a find.We loaded it
    with trackables,so go get em and spread them around it's a great
    hike and adventure. Red Ink

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Red ink, cacheslayer, cardinal and OEnavigator, I admire your abilities and determination. Actually, I'm a little jealous. A 5 mile hike on flat ground is enough to do me in.

It seems to me that leaving 11 trackables in a cache that requires a 5-6 mile hike and 1899 ft. elevation climb with cliffs to scale and no trail to follow is not a wise thing to do. How many people are going to make a hike like that these days? At the rate it get's visited, how long will it take all 11 trackables to be moved? Possibly years. I'm trying to look at it from the owner's standpoint who like to see their trackables move around a lot. Let's hope that the next person who does make the hike will retrieve all 11 and get them back in circulation.

redink Guest

Sugar Loaf Mtn.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Red ink, cacheslayer, cardinal and OEnavigator, I admire your abilities and determination. Actually, I'm a little jealous. A 5 mile hike on flat ground is enough to do me in.

It seems to me that leaving 11 trackables in a cache that requires a 5-6 mile hike and 1899 ft. elevation climb with cliffs to scale and no trail to follow is not a wise thing to do. How many people are going to make a hike like that these days? At the rate it get's visited, how long will it take all 11 trackables to be moved? Possibly years. I'm trying to look at it from the owner's standpoint who like to see their trackables move around a lot. Let's hope that the next person who does make the hike will retrieve all 11 and get them back in circulation.
    I hope that leaving the trackable there would encourage some one to go get them.
    Out of the 11 trackables 7 were jeeps and 1 was my personal coin. By
    the way we met two benchmark hunters at the summit,and I've had
    emails on waypoints to the top.

HikerRon Guest
    i'm with Geezer on this one. i dont usually move trackables at all, but out in colorado i would always 'rescue' one or two every fall from caches that werent likely to be visited again for months because of winter snows. neither would i like to have my own TB stranded for months in a cache. i would prefer that it kept moving. and some trackables have missions, places to go, races to win, etc.

redink Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HikerRon
    i'm with Geezer on this one. i dont usually move trackables at all, but out in colorado i would always 'rescue' one or two every fall from caches that werent likely to be visited again for months because of winter snows. neither would i like to have my own TB stranded for months in a cache. i would prefer that it kept moving. and some trackables have missions, places to go, races to win, etc.
    Here in N.W. AR. trackables are becoming missing at an alarming rate.I would rather see my trackables sit in a more remote area than on a display table . I've come to realizr by dropping them in a harder cache
    they will have better care. I have had to contact many people about my personal coins and such,I usually give them about two months or so before I email them, the most common answers are as follows:
    I retrieved from the depths of my car seat.
    I found it in the bottom of my daypack
    Someone grabbed it off of the display trackables table.

It's only been 4 day's since they were dropped SugarLoaf,so let's give them a chance. Just my opinion on the subject. Red Ink

HikerRon Guest
    hey, no harm intended. to each his own, so to speak.
    i've had bad luck with TBs myself. i've lost 3 of the 4 i've launched. the only one remaining took off to Europe right after i placed it, and it's been bouncing around over there for almost 3 yrs now! currently, it's in England.
    i've never gotten into the geocoin thing...but apparently they are worse than TBs about disappearing. collectors, i guess.

redink Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HikerRon
    hey, no harm intended. to each his own, so to speak.
    i've had bad luck with TBs myself. i've lost 3 of the 4 i've launched. the only one remaining took off to Europe right after i placed it, and it's been bouncing around over there for almost 3 yrs now! currently, it's in England.
    i've never gotten into the geocoin thing...but apparently they are worse than TBs about disappearing. collectors, i guess.
    No harm taken,
    everyone has their own opinion and I respect your's and Geezer's to the utmost,and am glad you posted your thoughts.Red Ink

Since I had the FTF on this cache and I was smart and used a 4 wheeler LOL if they sit there too long I'll take the 4 wheeler bc I found an easier way up and go rescue them.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

redink Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    Since I had the FTF on this cache and I was smart and used a 4 wheeler LOL if they sit there too long I'll take the 4 wheeler bc I found an easier way up and go rescue them.
    I know you had the ftf on the cache,and it was impressive,especially doing it alone! a four wheeler would be handy now because of the gate issue causing the extra hike, the road in is extermely bad shape,If we could have gotten past the gate, I would not have taken my jeep much past the waypoints given for the 2wd parkings, you need a good rock crawler
    in two places, you might make it to the 1100' mark at best on a four wheeler,I hope that there is an easier way but the five of us couldn't
    find it, and we researched it for a month. Red Ink