Thread: Storms in Arkansas 2/5/08

Storms in Arkansas 2/5/08

I know the storms in the state last night affected many areas. Please let us know if things are OK in your area and if there is anything anyone can do to help out.

Thoughts and prayers....

Tim Stone
    Conway

Team_Pink Guest
    We are thankful that we escaped with no major incidents. About 30 minutes from here, it was a different story.

Anyone heard from Flyfishingguide or Cachecrazies? I think that area got hit pretty hard.

cachecrazies Guest
    Thanks Mike for your concern - and to the others that contacted us. Mark & Susie (flyfishingguide) were far away from the area. Tooltime (which some of you have met) lives in Gassville but was not affected by the tornado. And we live about 9 miles away so didn't have any problems.

Otherwise, however - it's a total disaster! RKLMBL - you'll have to sign up far in advance for BBQ and peanut butter pie! KT's has no roof structure and was damaged pretty badly. Letty's Mexican restaurant (where we took Woodwalker9 & Ice Cream Man) is in little bitty pieces somewhere. Bob checked on Domy yesterday (the owner) and she and her family are fine (luckily as they live right next door to the restaurant) and she is heartbroken of course and he provided a shoulder to cry on. We'll try to help them recuperate or hopefully, rebuild. Thankfully, there were few casualties - there could have easily been so many!

As to caching - it will be temporarily disabled in Gassville for a while.
    Bob was able to pick up flyfishingguides "Our Area's Best" but we're unable to get to the areas of BCCC-Gassville or Jim Sell Memorial Cache. We'll get to them as soon as the roads are open. They may not be there as so many trees are down. And in the BCCC many headstones are down.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts & concern!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those effected by this terrible disaster. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.

It's good to hear that you guys are OK. If there's anything you need, let me know. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I AM SO GLAD YA"LL ARE OKAY!

We, too, liked Letty's when we were up there on the trails. I hate that it's gone, but I'm glad they are okay.

Please know that many are thinking of you guys and asking about you.

God bless you and your neighbors.
    Beth
    >^..^<

Team_Pink Guest
    OK, if you're not bleeding, then get out there and hide some more caches!

Glad to hear you are ok.

cachecrazies Guest
    Bob has taken lots of pictures of Gassville and we've gotten pictures from others. The picture of the tornado itself is from a deputy sheriff from his car

- you can see his mirror in the picture. It was easier to post them all online and just give you the links so you can look at them if you want to.

The clean up has gone really well and a lot more is done than we expected at this time. There have been many, many volunteers - people really show their true spirit at a time like this.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bobbs3/20080206

http://picasaweb.google.com/bobbs3/MoreTornado