Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis & Clark Little Rock Geocaching Event

tyhorton Guest

Lewis & Clark Little Rock Geocaching Event

February 23rd Lewis & Clark OUtfitters will be facilitating a hunt in Little Rock. We will meet at 9am at the store off of N. University and get your coordinates. Afterwards at around 11:30 we will have a pancake breakfast free of charge. Call, come by or visit the web site for more details. www.gooutandplay.com
    501-537-1401

Each month on the 3rd Saturday we will be hosting another Geocaching event.

GeoJeepers Guest
    So how is it going to work? Will all be hunting specific caches that are placed by L & C or are they just giving out cache listings for the area? Having one every 3rd Sunday sounds like a way to get some great exposure to the sport of geocaching! I sure do like pancakes!

???

Went to the website. No information. As with pre vious post, how is this organized??

I went to this website also and found not one word about geocaching, sounds like someone is trying to get a free plug

tyhorton Guest
    Sorry about that it should have been on our website by now. The way we are going to run it is set out a specific number of caches. The morning of the event we will give out information on the caches and turn you loose. You will have 2 hours to find as many as you can and be back at the store. Each cache will have a prize voucher for either merchandise or a store discount. The person with the most caches found will win an additional $25 store credit. In the event of a tie we will draw straws for the winner. After we are done we will all eat and talk about what you would like the next event to be like.

IN MY FACE, sounds like we're going to have a party

GeoJeepers Guest
    I went back to the website this afternoon, if you click the events tab for the Little Rock store, the event is listed there with the basic details that are given here. Prizes AND Pancakes? Awesome!

?

Well, are these caches to be enabled through GC.com? or just proprietary caches?? Sounds more like the latter...?

tyhorton Guest
    Right now they are proprietary but as this monthly event goes on we would like to expand it. After this first event we will talk over a hot cake about what you would like to see in this event and how we can make it more fun.

GeoJeepers Guest
    I had sent L & C an email yesterday asking questions, which they replied to today with the same basic info. But they also gave me the store's number and manager's name (Ty Horton) to contact for more details. Ty was not in when I called, but I talked to the "Outside Manager" ( a young lady whose name escapes me right now) and she said that basically they were wanting to put on a clinic for geocaching. I asked if they needed any help with what they were doing, and she said "Are you a geocacher?" like she couldn't believe it was really true. She said they have people that do research once assigned a clinic topic, and they have researched, but are not geocachers and would greatly appreciate any help they could get. I thought that alot of the people at this event may be new to caching and this could be a good way to get some exposure to our sport and our organization, and since 99% of you guys are more experienced than we are, I thought I would let you know they actually want our help. As Ty stated, the first time they are not GC.com caches (although we could still have time!), but they are willing to hear what route everybody wants to take for the future.