Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delorme Where are you at?

cachemates Guest
    majii,
    This would be a good caching adventure to video. Hope you can get some pictures. Can't wait to hear about this trip.
    Have Fun.

flannelman Guest
    Quartzcachers and I have talked about doing this challenge but I'm not real sure what all is involved. Where do you get info about it??

The information is contained on the cache page: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-c3bedd88561b -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I would highly reccomend that you should start caching everywhere in the state. Leave no cache unfound if you can and you will be assured of completing it.

Seriously, it is a lot of fun and I will tell you more about it when we do Seven Hollows. Basically you need the Delorme Atlas and find a cache or hide a cache on each of the 43 Arkansas pages. Some of the pages don't have a lot of choices of caches and some have too many.

You can start a bookmark list of caches found one per page and Majii can reveiw them as you complete them. He was very helpful with me and I was so glad that he took the responsibility of such a difficult cache to own. I learned a lot while going to the far corners of this great state and I am sure that every cacher will see some things that they did not know or had forgot about Arkansas.

Mike
    Arkansas Hick
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

majii Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachemates
    majii,
    This would be a good caching adventure to video. Hope you can get some pictures. Can't wait to hear about this trip.
    Have Fun.
    We actually did get a couple of videos on a digital camera in some of the more difficult spots. I'll have to see if he'll send me those video files. He also took some photos, and I'm hoping he'll post them on the cache page.

I'm actually still recovering from this trip. I've got quite a few scratches, bumps, bruises, and cuts I'm healing from, but I'd do it again. It was an amazing adventure, and we managed to get in and out with a group of 10 people in under 4 hours. And if mud = fun, I think I had the most fun..

majii Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flannelman
    Quartzcachers and I have talked about doing this challenge but I'm not real sure what all is involved. Where do you get info about it??
    If you have any questions about the DeLorme challenge, feel free to e-mail me, and I'll be happy to help however I can.

B62GTAWK Guest
    Man where to start We cleared all the State Park caches south of Little Rock except Cossatot and completed all the pages South as we went what a week. I now have 33 Delorme pages complete and 29 state park caches. This was quite a vacation.

HikerRon Guest
    i have only about 10 pages left on the challenge. but of course they are at the far corners of the state this adventure has been a lot of fun!

B62GTAWK Guest
    I have finished all the pages just like finding the final. Way to go HikerRon on liking just 10 pages.

OK, this is probably a stupid question. Where can I get an Arkansas Delorme atlas? I've looked at Wal-Mart and some big truck stops but all I find is Rand McNally.

Thanks in advance....