Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boy Scout District Cache-o-ree

First, special thanks to rklmbl, hikerron, Woodwalker and AR-Hick for coming out and helping teach the Scouts how to use the GPSrs and help them learn about geocaching. It was a very successful Cach-O-Ree! The Scouts had a blast! I think we created some new cachers.

Just thought you might like to know that we had a troop find 15 of the caches that AR-Hick hid and MY troop found ALL 18! I was pretty proud of them, but I had told them I expected them to win since they had more caching experience than any other troop there!

I really appreciate all Mike did placing the caches. I know he put in a lot of hours out there on the Scout reservation. The Scouts really enjoyed hunting for them!

Also, Thanks to everyone who helped out in advance giving me tips and providing me with resources to help pull this off. Maybe we'll get chance to do it again someday, (but lets wait a while!)

Tim

Glad to help. I enjoyed it and I loved looking around the BSA reservation. It was great working with the kids and I hope they had as much fun as I did.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison