Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "POWER TRAILS"

Just looked at the new Chuck profile and wow, that is truly different than the old one. I would love to meet this person. Hmm, wonder if I already have?

RugerPilot345 Guest
    WOW spooky scary....I'm working on two bunches (series) of caches.....a cemetary cache series and a ATV/hiking/horseback cache series......gotta go re-think all of mine and make sure they are all good, ha ha!!

Cool!! (RugerPilot345)

Beat a subject to death??

Was checking on the Caddo trip and noted the "event" status was denied by Walla. There have been a number of confusing almost "in your face" decisions by our reviewer. Is there a way to petition the reviewer as a group or through the organization to ask that she relax a bit on requests for events or caches (as in this power cache thread)? If one watches the .10 mile interval, what is the problem with "power cache series?" If Caddo was presented as a gathering of cachers that were going on an outing, I understand her denial. On the otherhand, if a gathering with a meeting, exchange of coins/bugs, etc., then the float and CITO, this should have flown. My 2 cents.

Team_Pink Guest
    IMHO, this is an excellent opportunity for the board of ArkGeo to address. Rather than 40 eleven people emailing the reviewer or GC.com, the board could get a feel for the members' opinions on the matter and approach the reviewer as an "offical" entity and as a representative of Arkansas geocachers.

I know there has been some concerns over recent developments with cache approvals and that our reviewer seems to be taking a little heat because of it. I was recently turned down on 9 new hides along a county road because the reviewer deemed them to be a Power Trail. I will admit that I was disappointed that my new hides were not approved, but after reading Chuck Walla’s reasons, I understood that I was the one who was wrong and she was perfectly within the guidelines to turn me down. She didn’t just turn me down, but explained what I could do to insure that my caches would be approved in the future. I am now in the process of correcting my mistakes and have no doubt that my caches will be approved when I submit them the next time.

B62GTAWK was turned down on a series of caches north of Morrilton because of the same reason as mine. Chuck Walla explained to him what he needed to do to get his caches approved. In a recent email he has stated that his reply to her was that he thought her decision was reasonable and fair. He has since changed his hides and has had some approved .

I have watched with interest the development of the CITO planned in conjunction with the Caddo Float trip planned by dentful1. In one of his forum posts he has stated that the reviewer was right in turning him down because of mistakes he made in submitting the event. Again, not the fault of the reviewer.

Reviewers are volunteers who sometimes have a thankless job, but I, for one, am very thankful for a reviewer who wants to see quality caches within the guidelines set forth by Groundspeak. I believe Chuck Walla is doing her best to insure that geocaching remains at the quality level that we all want and appreciate her hard work and dedication.

AMEN
    I too agree with you. I my opinion Chuck Walla, being a the best volunteer that we (Arkansas) has ever had. I don't always agree, but that is everyones right to think as they like.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Team_Pink Guest
    Thanks Woodwalker for that well spoken reply and most importantly for the quick response.

While I think we should not forget that Geocaching is "our" game and not that of a particular company, I do understand that there must be guidelines or else there would be chaos. Like AR-Hick, I know I will not always agree but Chuck Walla is a good reviewer and I too appreciate her volunteer efforts!

I appreciate Chuck because even if/when some of us haven't agreed with her, she has politely responded and answered our questions. That is valuable to me.

Dentful1 Guest
    WoodWalker Nailed it square on the head and drove it with one swipe. I have learned some things, after all I am still considered a rookie compared to those who find 5000+ caches. Let us see how things go this year with just a regular invite to float. I can get ideas from all of the participants and try for an event next year. I did email Chuck Walla a few times about it and we are on the same page of understanding and she was also greatful for the email, an email that wasn't raking her across hot coals or cussing her out for the denial.

You treat people with dignity and respect, you should have the same done in return and they will be more than willing to help.
    That's my 2 cents plus the 6 cents from the previous posts to make it about 8 cents worth.